ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee(10-1) @ VCU (7-3), (ASN), 6pm, Saturday, December 17, 2016

Wonder if they do like VU did back in the day when sellouts for VU were common? Sell some of the student tickets as general admission so the building will be full and a little extra $$$s are generated when the school in on break. Or is it possible enough students live close enough to make a game and make the games - it's gotta be a little easier to get seating in the student section?

Regardless, a wonderful problem to have - I'm very envious - I would be happy with sellouts in The Murph for the 2 or 3 biggest games each year- they have had 88 in a row. Wish there was a magic wand to wave and change our culture.

I think it's reasonable for us to expect 8k a game given our success. 10,500 is a tall order especially in December. Their sell out consistently is impressive, but they have a smaller arena and basketball is the main thing.

I didn't know we played them in the seventies. I think I read the series is tied.

I think it's reasonable for us to expect 8k a game given our success. 10,500 is a tall order especially in December. Their sell out consistently is impressive, but they have a smaller arena and basketball is the main thing.

I didn't know we played them in the seventies. I think I read the series is tied.

IIRC, we scored over a 100 points against vcu in Murphy Center in the 73-74 season. It was pretty early into that season and let me know as a student that the Blue Raiders was going to be a really good team, It would be another season before MT won its first OVC championship, but almost all the personnel were in place that season. IIRC, the vcu coach was stunned how badly his team was being out played and got a couple of technicals and had to leave the bench.

It's one of the handful of games I remember from being a student back then, because it was that good a performance by the Blue Raiders - everything was clicking, the balls were bouncing and rolling in in our favor.

The good is the progress of Dixon, Walters. Also Foote looked like he is ready to come on. The bad was Habersham and Simpson and their lack of offense. The ugly is Gamble not even playing. Is he hurt or just not improving?

VCU is the best defense we play all year. They just have our number. Their press really rattles us. Our team will learn from this and be better for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT