GAME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)

Hashtag: #TrueFamily, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: MT_MBB
Instagram: @MT_MBB
Facebook: Blue Raider Athletics

Date: Saturday, Dec. 5
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Teams: South Alabama (3-4) at Middle Tennessee (4-2)
Stadium: The Murphy Center (11,520)
TV: None
Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1)
Play-by-Play:Chip Walters
Analysis: Kyle Turnham

Live Audio/Live Streaming | Live Stats

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders and the South Alabama Jaguars face off on Saturday in college basketball action.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are 4-2 this season and they are coming off of a loss to VCU that ended a four game winning streak. MTSU is averaging 66.2 points and they are shooting 43.4 percent from the floor while defensively they are allowing 67 points and their opponents are shooting 40.4 percent. Giddy Potts leads the Blue Raiders averaging 13.8 points and 5.3 rebounds. Reggie Upshaw is averaging 12.3 points and 7.7 rebounds, Darnell Harris is averaging 10.5 points, and Perrin Buford id averaging 9.2 points. Middle Tennessee shoots 35.8 percent from beyond the tree-point arc.

The South Alabama Jaguars are 3-4 this season but they have won two of their last three games. South Alabama is averaging 71 points per game and they are shooting 40.6 percent from the floor while defensively they are allowing 80.2 points and their opponents are shooting 50.5 percent. Ken Williams leads the Jaguars averaging 15.1 points per game. Georgi Boyanov is averaging 10.3 points and 7.0 rebounds, Taishon Johnson is averaging 10.2 points, and Nick Stover is averaging 9.4 points. South Alabama seems to be a team still looking for some answers.

Middle Tennessee is 16-7-1 against the spread in their last 24 home games, 2-6 against the spread I their last eight games, and 4-9 against the spread following a game that they didn’t cover the point spread. South Alabama is 3-11 against the spread against Conference USA, 31-63-3 against the spread against a team with a winning record, and 0-5 against the spread following a win by 20 or more points. The home team has covered the point spread in the last four meetings of these two.....

Wonder why this tip-off time is 5:00 PM?

I've been assuming all week (and making plans accordingly) that the game time would be either 6:30 or 7:00 since the game is not on TV.

What is the possible rationale for this time?

Last edited:
Wonder why this tip-off time is 5:00 PM?

I've been assuming all week (and making plans accordingly) that the game time would be either 6:30 or 7:00 since the game is not on TV.

What is the possible rationale for this time?

I think they've had better luck with attendance on earlier tip times, or at least I think that is the rationale. Several weeknight games this year tip at 6 pm with the goal of helping families with young children make more games.

I went to WNAB and some sitcom was on.

To answer the prior question, MT won.

We looked a little sluggish at times but a good win. Btw, if South Alabama had pressed us the whole game they would have won. Quavius Copeland almost single handedly let them back in the game.

Since it was my first in person game in 4 years, the building looks really good! Meanwhile the play on the floor was the same as it was a few years ago. Good Defense, turnover prone offense with many missed shots inside of 7 feet. In fact we made ZERO mid range jumpers in the game, not even sure we attempted one. Either his a 3 pointer or scored on a dunk/layup. Teams are playing zone on us. But it was a win wit our best player scoring 4 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT