ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Matt Insell sees Lady Raiders as next Gonzaga

MTOleBlue

All American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2015
ARTICLE: https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/co...ting-rellah-booth-anastasia-hayes/1188891001/

For Matt Insell, it’s just all part of the job.

He sees something in MTSU that he didn’t have at Ole Miss. At Kentucky, he felt like he just scratched the surface. Looking at the current roster and the players coming in, he can’t help but think about what may be on the horizon.

“It’s been a good year and it’s been good being back home,” Matt Insell said. “I get asked a lot if I miss being a head coach and I do, but I also go back and remember my time at Kentucky as an assistant and I was pretty damn good. We went to three Elite Eights and signed some really good kids.

“Why can’t we do that here? I’ve coached on three Elite Eight teams and next year’s team, talent-wise, it could be most talented I’ve ever been a part of.”

I hope he's right, but let us win a couple of post season games or just even get back the ncaa before we start this talk.

I was told by someone not connected to the program that this could be any where from a sweet sixteen to a final four squad. This person has forgotten more about basketball than most people know. I'm just glad that we are getting this quality of players and hope Insell can get them playing as a team and keep them happy. This could be the start of something very special at MT. We will know more after the Gulf Coast Classic.

I was told by someone not connected to the program that this could be any where from a sweet sixteen to a final four squad. This person has forgotten more about basketball than most people know. I'm just glad that we are getting this quality of players and hope Insell can get them playing as a team and keep them happy. This could be the start of something very special at MT. We will know more after the Gulf Coast Classic.
I hope it's true. This feels different from previous years when we've tried to find a few "diamonds in the rough." I hope people come out to watch the team... it's gonna be a good year, I think.

I think CRI was scarred by the loss against Mich State WBB several years ago (when MSU had that 6'9 girl). He spent a ton of time trying to find a tall, diamond in the rough and it never paid off.

IMO, CRI needs to bring back the tempo that made WBB great early in his tenure.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I think CRI was scarred by the loss against Mich State WBB several years ago (when MSU had that 6'9 girl). He spent a ton of time trying to find a tall, diamond in the rough and it never paid off.

IMO, CRI needs to bring back the tempo that made WBB great early in his tenure.

Exactly, full court press the entire game; especially against the good teams...we may flame out but this is out we could get on a run.

I haven't had Woman's season tickets in over 5 years because of the style we've been playing.

Exactly, full court press the entire game; especially against the good teams...we may flame out but this is out we could get on a run.

I haven't had Woman's season tickets in over 5 years because of the style we've been playing.
Fortunately, we are getting more true quick athletes this year - so maybe we'll return to that style. I bet we will, actually. We tried it over the last couple of years but the speed we'd had in the past just wasn't there, but it should be now. It was a different strategy of battling hard and trying to outsmart opponents over the last few years. Now, can we combine speed and intense defense/press with that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT