ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Massaro on Sports Night 8/2/2016

Massaro is an interesting guy imo. Not a lot of news regarding MT, but interesting college sports talk in general.

Over the years, I've decreased gradually listening or reading Nashville sports media to near nonexistent levels. There was scarce coverage of MT in many of those past years. With the addition of successful Pro sports, it was kind of hard to argue about who was getting the bulk of the coverage. The other problem was a sense by some of us MT people that MT was not respected all that much. Although MT athletics were growing and developing, the old perceptions of MT as a 1-AA OVC program lingered.

I will say now that after reading and listening to some Nashville sports media the last few weeks, I detect a noticable increase in the level of respect for MT athletics compared to years ago. I do not know if the recent amount of coverage the last few weeks is out of the ordinary. I don't know if this seeming increase has been occurring for more than a few weeks. Whatever the case, it is pleasing to hear and read of some reasonably decent Nashville sports media coverage of MT athletics.

These developments do make me wonder if there is any connection in this perceived more respectful Nashville sports media coverage and a seeming willingness of good quality programs to schedule MT in a more equitable and respectful manner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT