ADVERTISEMENT

MAC talk

Look at those MAC coaching salaries....All at the bottom

Rick Stockstill would be the second highest paid coach in the MAC.....yikes

• Wow
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Look at those MAC coaching salaries....All at the bottom

Rick Stockstill would be the second highest paid coach in the MAC.....yikes

I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Having the highest paid staff in the conference generally confers an advantage.

Granted, our dollars are going to sleepy Stockstill, but once were out of that mistake, being able to offer the highest salary could be a good thing.

Reactions: Tyler Pellom
I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Having the highest paid staff in the conference generally confers an advantage.

Granted, our dollars are going to sleepy Stockstill, but once were out of that mistake, being able to offer the highest salary could be a good thing.

Might also be good expectation and pressure wise for the highest paid coach to perform better.

One can hope anyway.

I think we could come in and instantly be in the top quarter of a stable conference. That's exciting.

Don't underestimate the MAC. They have good players and we are not going to show up and be a top team. Toledo, CMU, Kent St, Buffalo, Western Michigan, and probably Ball St. and Miami OH would beat us this year.

MAC has pretty good hoops too we wouldn't do anything there either

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I just donated a couple of highly faded MT shirts with the sunbelt logo to goodwill. Some of those 20 years old....

I didn't buy one shirt with CUSA logo, probably due to my disdain the past years.

Got me thinking, however...This would be a good time for a rebranding if we do switch conferences. It is time for an updated logo IMO.

https://shop-mac-sports.com/

I just donated a couple of highly faded MT shirts with the sunbelt logo to goodwill. Some of those 20 years old....

I didn't buy one shirt with CUSA logo, probably due to my disdain the past years.

Got me thinking, however...This would be a good time for a rebranding if we do switch conferences. It is time for an updated logo IMO.

https://shop-mac-sports.com/
Agreed about the logo change and to me its simple. Remove the winged horse.

10000000000% agree. I do my best to not buy anything with that stupid winged horse. Need a new mascot costume too.

At the VT game the scoreboard had just the MT. My buddy asked why the helmets have the horse when the plain MT looks so much better. Said the plain MT fit right in with the VT.

There is a reason my MT tattoo doesn't have the frigin horse. I hate that thing.

Perfect time to change name to UMT too but that is a whole other discussion.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I would run to the MAC simply for the ESPN deal. And travel makes way more sense.

You could conceivably have a three game stretch in the new CUSA where you travel to Connecticut, New Mexico, then to FIU.
Tyler,
I agree 100 percent. We lack the fan base and money to play and travel the entire US and play games. We need stability and 10 win seasons. Sitting in CUSA and waiting on Judge Judy to pay is a pipe dream. Get MT a stable then work on everything else. I would like to see a formal plan from the school. How is Chase?

MAC is complacent. They are steady but not flashy. Sometimes, they are even forgotten. I think WKU/MTSU would be an added burst of energy they need. WKU and MTSU (typical MTSU, not 2021 MTSU) can come in immediately and compete.

Yes, I'd prefer SBC with Marshall, ODU, Ark State, etc., but that isn't in the cards. I am looking forward to being in a conference where the teams enjoy each other and collectively want to build something. I felt like C-USA 3.0 never got there and the later years of SBC when WKU and MTSU were members didn't have that, either.

PS- if what has just happened to C-USA doesn't get Judy fired, nothing will. That is a reason to go anywhere else.

MAC is complacent. They are steady but not flashy. Sometimes, they are even forgotten. I think WKU/MTSU would be an added burst of energy they need. WKU and MTSU (typical MTSU, not 2021 MTSU) can come in immediately and compete.

Yes, I'd prefer SBC with Marshall, ODU, Ark State, etc., but that isn't in the cards. I am looking forward to being in a conference where the teams enjoy each other and collectively want to build something. I felt like C-USA 3.0 never got there and the later years of SBC when WKU and MTSU were members didn't have that, either.

PS- if what has just happened to C-USA doesn't get Judy fired, nothing will. That is a reason to go anywhere else.
Agree 100%

Mediocre Middle in mediocre MAC. Maybe it’s a match made in heaven where we can continue our 5-7 and 6-6 seasons in a place that distributes less money per school than any other league.

We can all but forget those new facilities when we go to the MAC. I’m so glad I stopped giving money to this sinking turd of a ship. Just wish I would have done it sooner.

The MAC presiidents have been reading this message board and decided we are worthy.
"No one board should should have all this power. The clock's ticking, just count the hours. "
or
"Time, time time time for some Maction."

Reactions: MTTim
Mediocre American Conference it is then......

yikes

I suppose acceptance is the final stage of grieving. We are what we are, and we'll never be what we want to be. So the MAC it is.

THANK GOODNESS!! Time to shoot off some fireworks. Could y'all have imagined the disaster that would have been staying in Crap-USA? Crisis averted. We are SAVED

I am not a fan of joining the Mac at all. No risk, no reward. Just blah.

isn’t it just the perfect fit though ? We are mediocre in every way possible, with no desire to be great or be the next boise/gonzaga/UCF/you get the idea.

the mediocre American conference seems like destiny for M&M&MTSU

Reactions: Hop45 and crposton
THANK GOODNESS!! Time to shoot off some fireworks. Could y'all have imagined the disaster that would have been staying in Crap-USA? Crisis averted. We are SAVED
You just prove that little middle is more than alive and well. It will never end. Which is a culture I can no longer support.

What other options do we really have though? The SBC obviously will not allow any 2012/2013 defector to come back. The AAC won’t invite us as long as Memphis is there. CUSA is a HUGE gamble but it appears they want to be primarily a southwestern conference moving forward. I’m not thrilled about the MAC either, but it feels like it’s either MAC or independent. I also think we need to stay with WKU

But I guess if the exit fees from the CUSA defectors hold true, we could use that money to invest in facility upgrades and wait for Memphis to go to the big 12, then hopefully go to the AAC? Who knows. This whole thing is exhausting

Can this program take risks though? If we were upper echelon of basketball and football, I would probably feel different.
We aren’t and I don’t see that changing ANYtime soon so a stable conference affiliation is better to me. Showing up to a blackjack table broke isn’t going to do us anything. We can’t risk it.

When you lock up a .500 coach and don’t fire an obvious bad choice to replace Kermit, you aren’t anything special.

anyone ticked should direct their frustrations to tube socks/7 wood and mr Hawaiian shirt.

The MAC members have to vote, if they vote for us, we are gonna be in. If not, we are CUSA bound. I think Massaro wants us in the MAC. Just the vibe I've gotten. I have nothing to base it on other than that but I think we go MAC unless they vote against us. Is it a good move? I don't know but CUSA is a shambles with bad leadership. The MAC is stable. We aren't getting into AAC anytime soon and it will be CUSA 4.0 and will be a mess soon. If we get asked we gotta go.

Mac1.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT