ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like we stole one from Memphis

Lol. I'm sure Memphis fans will say they didn't want him. But we all know that Memphis is now competing with the likes of Alabama and Florida State for recruits after their best year ever.;)

Cal, Ark State, and SoMiss - that's a quality offer list, IMHO.

Sounds like a good get.

That kid is a huge get. 6'2, 220 with speed and strength with great ball instincts. Barber on one side Luckett in the middle with him on the other. I like it!!!!!!

Originally posted by cbow0328:
All I know is they're not happy about it over at Memphis. Must be doing something right if you're MT..
Posted from Rivals Mobile
saw that they had a thread about it on their premium board. I imagine there was some badmouthing the recruit and MT as well.

Well we are in good position with a former Ole Miss recruit so I don't know if I will lose sleep over this. We just picked up a Louisville transfer on the O-line who started seven games for the cards this year. I think we will be ok.

I rather have this guy for 4 years. We don't need to go juco crazy.

http://247sports.com/Player/Fred-Walls-25758
This post was edited on 12/19 10:16 PM by Tiger_Pride76

I'm surprised that Memphis DC hasn't been snagged already. I think they can beat BYU.

Didn't Memphis get a bunch of Juco's on a couple of years ago? Everyone wants 4 year guys but it's tough to jump start with project players and coaches don't get 4 years to fail before they start to improve. It took Fuente 3 years to turn the corner. He'll keep getting Juco's to keep his stock up especially since they are offloading a lot of talent. CFB is an arms race. To fans, 4 year guys is what they want, to coaches, they want to keep their jobs. If I'm a coach and there's a kid out of JUCO ready to ball, I'm gonna go get em. The kid gets a second chance and you have a more proven product.

We don't have to load up on jucos though. We were only looking to add 4 jucos to the class. We are in good spots with transfers and high schoolers this year. Also the starters had a lot of freshmen and sophomores get playing time on the two deep. We will be bringing back guys who got lots of reps this year. We got the depth problem fixed this year when we got 80/85 of the allowed players. Jucos are going to want immediate playing time since they only have 2 years. We signed jucos at NT, DE, and S. The other positions are going be filled with guys that got significant playing time this year which was a lot of them. Our young guys have some high ceilings and it showed in games against Ole Miss and UCLA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT