ADVERTISEMENT

Long article that features a former Jimmy Earle assistant basketball coach

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
I'm sure only the old timers remember Ken Brackett and will be the only ones remotely interested in the article. This article focuses on his time as a high school coach in North Carolina and how he approached playing a rival high school that featured Tommy Burleson, a 7+ footer at the time who laterplayed on NC State's National Championship team with David Thompson and Monte Towe - who was an assistant on Kermit's teams for a couple of years.

Jimmy Earle's teams had some top talent from North Carolina in the early to mid 70s, Jimmy Powell, Forrest Toms, Steve Peeler, and Sleepy Taylor.

I believe Brackett went on to coach at Livingston State in Alabama for a few years before he passed.

Space, I know I've asked before but how the heck did you find this article? As someone who remembers Brackett and who likes to read interesting articles about "small" high school BkB I enjoyed "scanning" the article. But, I could have missed it but I didn't see any mention of MT, B'Boro, Jimmy Earle or anything else which could have earmarked the connection.

How DO you do it?

Guess I missed it! My scanning ability has lost much since my days in classes at MT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT