ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL FWIW, article on former head coach David Farrar

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
The headline rubs me the wrong way, but the article is good and I understand why at this point in his life, he feels the way he does. Given the circumstances of his tenure at MT, he probably did as well as anyone could have under the ridiculous sanctions dropped on MT after Stewart's bolting for the CBA before the NCAA dropped the hammer. He left enough talent in the pipeline that Randy Wiel had two pretty good years with Farrar's players that masked what a terrible mistake Wiel was.

dnj
http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/hig...e-christian-best-job-ive-ever-had/1001550001/
Former MT basketball coach David Farrar: Providence Christian is 'best job I've ever had'

Reactions: T2Tool
Good article. Glad to see Coach David Farrar enjoying success and a good life’s outcome. Teaching is far more important than the wins and loss ledger that most NCAA D-I programs dictates. Glad he is in an environment where he can educate and foster life skills to the next generation wherever they may go.

Yes, good to see. I hadn't heard what he had been doing the last couple of years. Good for him.

When I came to MT and started going to bball games, I was generally a casual fan of college basketball. It was during that same timeframe that Farrar was HC of MT that MT and college bball sucked me into becoming a big college bball fan. Despite the lack of overall success during that era, I have positive memories and feelings for Farrar being a part of what grabbed me to become a big college bball fan. Plus, he was always incredibly friendly and good to me during those years even though I was just a student. For instance, because of coach Farrar and a couple of players, I could get as many tickets as I needed for road games. Usually seats right behind the bench at that.

All in all, glad to see that he is in a good place and seeming to enjoy semi-retirement.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT