ADVERTISEMENT

Leading conservative voices unite to stop Trump

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
Over 20 pieces were submitted to the National Review condemning Trump. In the video below, National Review Editor, Rich Lowry speaks out on 'The Kelly File' against Trump.

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
In all fairness to the Trump campaign, I believe he can capture at least 20% of the Democratic vote along with a large number of independents. However, what really scares me if Trump wins the GOP nomination is how well he will do against Hillary in the debates. I personally don't believe he will debate well against her and will even embarrass the Republican Party. Certainly, many of the true conservatives, like Beck, will choose to stay home on election day. If there are enough of true conservatives who refuse to vote for Trump, Hillary will win. As much as I dislike Trump, I feel I have no choice but to vote against Hillary, just like I did with Obama when McCain and Romney were the nominees. In my view, staying home on election day is not the answer.

BBJ, I will say this, if Trump keeps running his mouth about Sen. Cruz, I just might decide to stay home on election day. I assure you there could be many other true conservatives who just won't find it in their heart to vote for Trump. Below is what a Texas Baptist pastor posted about Trump's attack on Cruz this week.

"It is obvious that Trump will do or say anything to attack and belittle the man who is next under him in the Presidential race. I am disappointed and disgusted that he would go to such extremes to win. How can you live with yourself to be so critical of a man who is well-known in our state of Texas as a man of great courage and IS very honorable AND reputable.. His parents escaped from Cuba when many other people suffered difficulties there, and fled the country. I had had more respect for Trump, but not now! He disappointed me and angered me, especially when he dared to compare him to Hillary indicating that Cruz may even be worse than her. That makes me wonder if under the surface you like Hillary better than you have indicated. If you lived in our part of Texas you may have realized how wrong you are to so discredit such a fine man."

He posted his comments regarding Trump's statement that "Ted Cruz is worse than Hillary when you think about it." (see below)

Speaking at a campaign event in Iowa this Wednesday, 2016 GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump jumped the shark by accusing challenger Sen. Ted Cruz of being worse than Democrat candidate and career criminal Hillary Rodham Clinton.

“He said with him being a Canadian citizen, ‘Oh, I didn’t know that,’” Trump said, regarding the birther scandalsurrounding Cruz. “How did he not know that?”

“Then he said with the loans, ‘Oh, I didn’t know that,’” Trump continued. “Smart guy. He doesn’t know that?Yeah, that’s worse than Hillary, when you think about it.”

This bombastic rhetoric from Trump rightfully upset a large number of conservatives. First, Cruz shed his Canadian citizen two years ago. We also know that he is indeed a natural-born citizen, as his mother, Eleanor Darragh, was born in Delaware.

Regarding the Goldman Sachs margin loan Cruz received from his wife’s employer, Goldman Sachs, during his first Senate run, Trump made it sound as if Cruz purposefully never disclosed it to the public.

However, last week syndicated columnist Phil Kerpen dug up a form Cruz filed with the Secretary of the Senate before he became a senator. That form included the Goldman Sachs loan, meaning Cruz did in fact publicly disclose it. What he failed to do — allegedly because of a “filing error” — was also disclose the loan with the Federal Election Committee.

“Goldman Sachs owns him, remember that folks,” Trump also said on Thursday.

Does it really, though? Throughout his career, Cruz has repeatedly bucked the establishment and thus those who support it — namely Wall Street and the big banks — to stand up for tried and true conservative principles.

Cruz might have conceivably made a mistake or two at the very beginning, but for the most part, his actions have shown him to be a true conservative patriot who shares very little, if anything, in common with Hillary Clinton.

http://conservativetribune.com/trum...stOfDay&utm_content=2016-01-23&dlvrit=1810665

In all fairness to the Trump campaign, I believe he can capture at least 20% of the Democratic vote along with a large number of independents. However, what really scares me if Trump wins the GOP nomination is how well he will do against Hillary in the debates. I personally don't believe he will debate well against her and will even embarrass the Republican Party. Certainly, many of the true conservatives, like Beck, will choose to stay home on election day. If there are enough of true conservatives who refuse to vote for Trump, Hillary will win. As much as I dislike Trump, I feel I have no choice but to vote against Hillary, just like I did with Obama when McCain and Romney were the nominees. In my view, staying home on election day is not the answer.

"In my view, staying home on election day is not the answer."

Agreed. It's not the answer....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT