ADVERTISEMENT

Last night the Raiders beat San Francisco, today they beat Notre Dame...

Space, you attended some of these games, no? I know MT lost to UNC in straight sets, but it sounds like they're back to their winning ways this year.

How'd they look to you?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

A young team, not a lot of real veteran players, talented but a lot of toughness. Definitely some talent on the squad, but there appear to be some weak spots. I think they will be definitely better than last year. Can't say if they will contend, but they've got a great coach and I do expect them to get better.

May not contend this year but if the core group stays together this team will be hard to deal with the next couple of years. This team will be very comparable to Insell and the basketball Lady Raiders making the NCAA's very year. They have been there 6 of the last 7 years. Last year snapped a 6 yr streak in the tourney.

North Carolina is one of the best teams I have seen over the last few years here at Alumni Gym. They run a similar style to us but were just a bit better right now. They also handled Notre Dame rather handily in straight sets as well. Not much could get through UNC's defense. They were everywhere and got to almost every ball. FIU's best player the last couple of years was an early graduate and transferred to UNC as a graduate student and starts for UNC as well.

Our team is very athletic. They are also very young. There are no seniors on our team. Look for them to get better as the year goes on. Very impressive looking recruiting class and transfers that are new this year. Coach Peck is very pumped about the team as well. If you follow him on Facebook or twitter then he is very upbeat and positive about the future of this group!

This post was edited on 9/3 9:34 AM by MT Blue

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT