ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Lady Raiders ink Transfer Shooting Guard Joyeuse

She has shown a lot of great play already and is a steal. High major player

She does look good, but I guess with the buildup I was expecting a 'Savannah Wheeler' type transfer. She can shoot the 3 and at 5' 11'' can go inside some. That being said, I was actually hoping for a beefy 6' 3'' player that could alternate with Anastasia and could actually start if needed. That is exactly what we need. Maybe one of the international recruits fits that bill.

I don't mean to be ungrateful. I just hope we get the 6'3'' stocky with quickness forward. I don't ask for much do I? :)

I don't know if they can play but the PA announcer is going the be entertaining until he gets their names and home towns down pat.

I remember Joyeuse when we played FIU and was impressed. I know we signed Harrison but, after watching her in the state tournament, I see her more as a QB that runs the offense and can score when needed. Hope she scores 30 a game but she made some impressive assists in the tourney.

When they played at Murphy, I think I remember there was a player on their team that seemed to play inside fairly well. I don't remember her shooting very many 3s.

I didn't see that the article was about the 3 international players. It looks like I got at least on paper what I wanted. 6' 5'' sophomore from Russia on their U18 and U20 team, 6' 1" from Russia Insell, and 6' 0'' from Hungary on their U18 and U20 team. Their names will give the announcer fits for a while. I hope they jell fast enough to make use of Wheeler's and Courtney's last year. I am impressed on paper.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Great additions! And just what we’ve needed - SIZE.
Some photos of the big girl, (on this site, listed at 6-3)

Glad we have a full roster. Hope the added size also brings added strength down low for rebounding. Definitely like the fact we have another "big" at 6' 5". If we have a new player reminiscent to Malashka that's great news, & being 6' 1" is excellent.
After reviewing some true stats from last year, the only correction I would make would be concerning Sifa Joyeuse. According to reports she was 36.5% from 3.
That is apparently incorrect. Her actual 2 pt shooting was 36.5%. Yikes! And her 3 point shooting was 32. 8%. Meh...
Anyone is more than welcome to cross check those numbers I found. Pretty easy to locate.
That being said, I'm not passing judgment on the young lady before the new year starts. She was on a pretty week team, & hopefully part of those numbers could be from shot selection & frustration from trying to force things for when the team struggled...which looked to be a lot.
Good luck to the team & all our new players this year.
Now let's see if we can get that quality guard for the men's team soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT