ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Raiders (13-5, 7-1) vs UTEP (8-9, 3-5), Saturday AM

Parker just became the first MT WBB player to record a triple double. She's been close several times over the past few weeks. MT rolling 77-51 with 2 minutes to go.

Cheyenne Parker was unstoppable in the second half today. Good win for the ladies.

Watched on TV up here in Maine. While Parker is a special talent, we just our hustle people.

Meanwhile, could we hang a curtain around the freaking windows...there were 5 huge glares on the court the entire game. I think MC is really looking good but after 12.5M you would think we could spend 50K on some blinds.
This post was edited on 1/31 12:22 PM by Blueraider_Mike

This post was edited on 1/31 2:23 PM by Blueraider_Mike

Originally posted by Blueraider_Mike:
...could we hang a curtain around the freaking windows...there were 5 huge glares on the court the entire game. I think MC is really looking good but after 12.5M you would think we could spend 50K on some blinds.
we have, could it be lighting?

could not make it today, my tickets got used, but I had to work.

Couldn't make the game either but I did watch it on TV. Never noticed the glare. New curtains/blinds may not have been down since it is overcast in Mid-Tenn today. Noticeable glare I would think would be caused by the new lighting rather than the new curtains/blinds being open. Gonna make an effort to be more observant the next time a game is televised.

Originally posted by SpaceRaider:
Originally posted by Blueraider_Mike:
...could we hang a curtain around the freaking windows...there were 5 huge glares on the court the entire game. I think MC is really looking good but after 12.5M you would think we could spend 50K on some blinds.
we have, could it be lighting?

could not make it today, my tickets got used, but I had to work.
Maybe it was the lights, but it bothered me just because I know a significant investment was made.

The glare spots were very large, I think it was sun and not lights; The TV coverage was from up high on the opposite side of the court; it may not have been noticed from the bench side.

Back to the glare - Watched the replay tonight on Fox SS and yes Mike, there are six areas of glare on the floor. The two on the ends are reflections from the scoreboards over the tunnels. The other four are streaks across the floor I'm assuming are coming from the glass doors which, of course do not have curtains (probably would be against codes to not be able to see through doors but I'm clearly no expert). One view I got showed that the curtains for the windows were clearly down.

It's a problem because the gaps between the bleachers allow the light from the doors to come through to the floor. That said, the problem is nothing compared to what we had before the curtains were installed, and is no worse that some other venues I saw during other daytime games this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT