ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Raider BB

TruBluCop

Blue Raider
Jul 26, 2005
I have been by and watched the Ladies the last couple of weeks and I am pumped by what I have seen. This could be a special year for Lady Raider BB. We are very athletic this year since 1500 lbs. of bench warmers and one bull in a "China" shop are gone. Returning players are looking real good and the freshman came ready to get playing time. Brea, Petty, Sissom, Jones, Caroline Warden, Katie Collier and Jess Louro ( both Freshman) all hitting the three, the post play will be good this year with Rebecca, Porter and Lyons along with a couple of the freshman Johnson and Majors being able to give min. when needed. Several of the players are able to play different positions and combinations so that will pose problems for the competition. We have more height and rebounding on the boards. Alex Smith (freshman post) will probably be red shirted. We could really surprise some teams this year.

TruBluCop: You are not the first who has mentioned Johnson and Majors in the same breath. I find that unexpected since when recruited Johnson was seen as a "can't miss" signee who would be a starter from day one and Majors was considered a "project" and possible red-shirt. At least that's my impression from what I read into the signings.

What has changed? Either Johnson wasn't all she was made out to be and/or Majors has been a surprising find.

From what I have seen she will be in the rotation and could start but there are 10 or 11 of which any could be on the floor at one time. This team has more depth than any we have had. Where it had been a big drop off after the first 5 or 6 that has changed and on any given night depending on who we play you could see a different starting 5. Petty ,Edwards, Jones and Rueter will probably be in the starting spots but after that any of the others could be starting on any given night . I see more subbing to keep fresh players in the game. A lot will depend on practice and who is having a better shooting night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT