ADVERTISEMENT

LA Tech

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
So it appears as though Tech has landed former Florida QB Jeff Driskel...

Also, looks as though Manny Diaz is in the running for the DC position back at Mississippi State.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Driskel is terrible. One of the worst starting QB's I've seen in the SEC in a long long time.

If LaTech has a QB with a pulse and all his arms/legs on the roster, he won't be winning the job.

I'd like to see Diaz leave LaTech.

Originally posted by cbow0328:

Also, looks as though Manny Diaz is in the running for the DC position back at Mississippi State.
Also, Manny talked with Mike Leach at Washington State. I don't see Diaz being in Rustin next year.

Originally posted by MidTnBlues:
according to football scoop - Manny is heading to Miss St and this is a done deal.
Surprised, not that he's leaving Ruston, but that he's going back to Starkville. What's the over/under on his second round stay in Starkville.

Originally posted by SpaceRaider:
Originally posted by MidTnBlues:
according to football scoop - Manny is heading to Miss St and this is a done deal.
Surprised, not that he's leaving Ruston, but that he's going back to Starkville. What's the over/under on his second round stay in Starkville.
He may stick around a little longer this round. From what I gathered there were several schools interested in him.

I think he's the type that we'll see as a HC probably sooner, rather than later.

Manny is a coaching whore. Anybody with a pulse knows he didn't plan on staying at LaNeck.

Prediction - Manny will probably be gone after a year in Starkville as well.

And whether you like Driskell or not, why couldn't MT have recruited him? I have to think his skillset is on par or better than what we have on the roster.

Oh wait let me guess - he's taller than 5'10 and weighs more than 175lbs, so he's not our "typical" QB?

Originally posted by Sommy:

And whether you like Driskell or not, why couldn't MT have recruited him? I have to think his skillset is on par or better than what we have on the roster.

Oh wait let me guess - he's taller than 5'10 and weighs more than 175lbs, so he's not our "typical" QB?
I was surprised and somewhat disappointed that MT did not get any quality transfers from uab, much less a QB from Florida.

As far as Driskell, I can't picture him doing anything more than carrying a clipboard at latech.

As a Florida fan, I'm relieved that he's off the roster. That said, not too many people can produce lights out numbers against SEC competition year in and year out.

I think he's going to start, and do very well at Tech. They have a RS Freshman on the roster that they love, but they love the idea of him learning for another year more than throwing him out there.

MT would not be an attractive choice for a transfer. It would be more attractive if we graduated 10 - 12 starters, but we only graduated about half that. About ~90% of last year's starters are coming back for next year. If you want to play right away you are probably going to look elsewhere.

Do we really want any of these guys?

Florida was actually better when the pulled Driskel out of games. Look at the UT-UF game. He's the worst QB i've ever seen in the SEC. At his best, he's a bulkier version of all-run no pass Austin Grammar.

As for UAB - our guys are bums and we have a hate-on for our own team for going 6-6. But UAB went 6-6 too. We beat them as well - 2 years in a row.

Let those guys go to WKU, or ODU, or USA or whereever, we'll beat them there too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT