ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL KC Rookie CB Charvarius Ward holds his own during NFL baptism

Ward was 2 star JUCO signee...

It seems that most of Ricks recruiting flops have been with JUCO OL's and JUCO WR's. Of course, 3 star JUCO RB Maurice Gordon has been a colossal bust.

Last edited:
We recruit JUCO DB's and LB's extremely well. Every other position in the JUCO ranks, not so much.

Reactions: MTLynn
I don't remember Ward making any major impact with us, however, he did have the right measurements.

He won our bowl game for us last year. stAte picked on him the whole game and he defended the redzone like crazy in the 4th quarter. He did great vs. Syracuse.

Reactions: Blue_H and Hop45
I don't remember Ward making any major impact with us, however, he did have the right measurements.

He had a good senior year and apparently has done really well in the NFL camps. He was torched big time by Lockett and Baldwin the other night but Wilson was making some godly-like throws. He isn't going to become some all-pro like Byard but he should have a journeyman career in the NFL with his skill set.

He had a good senior year and apparently has done really well in the NFL camps. He was torched big time by Lockett and Baldwin the other night but Wilson was making some godly-like throws. He isn't going to become some all-pro like Byard but he should have a journeyman career in the NFL with his skill set.

He started really well the other night and then got picked on with two really bad calls in my opinion. Seemed to get in his head a bit from there.

He's got some real potential at that level. Gonna need some coaching up though for sure.

Steal of a deal for them. I hope he's locking in with a good agent and finding some potential endorsement deals. Same for Richie...Shelf life in the NFL is pitiful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT