ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm

And word has it now that Taggart is on the top of the list for Oregon. Talk about a quick jump.

As a fan, I don't get the feeling that there is any sense of urgency on MT's end. It's like the tortoise and the hare, except in this case, MT as the tortoise has been lapped several times...

Agreed Space. I also get a "woe is me"/"we are doing all we can" kind of vibe from the staff/AD. There is a fear of being bold.

Our coaches conservative philosophy has consumed our entire program with a shroud of acceptable mediocrity.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
As a fan, I don't get the feeling that there is any sense of urgency on MT's end. It's like the tortoise and the hare, except in this case, MT as the tortoise has been lapped several times...

Agreed Space. I also get a "woe is me"/"we are doing all we can" kind of vibe from the staff/AD. There is a fear of being bold.

Our coaches conservative philosophy has consumed our entire program with a shroud of acceptable mediocrity.
I agree with both of these. THink about the best athlete that you have ever seen who didn't work hard and didn't do everything possible to elevate himself. Thats what we are as an athletic department. We show flashes of brilliance but we don't go the extra mile to elevate ourselves above everyone else

I agree with both of these. THink about the best athlete that you have ever seen who didn't work hard and didn't do everything possible to elevate himself. Thats what we are as an athletic department. We show flashes of brilliance but we don't go the extra mile to elevate ourselves above everyone else
And meanwhile WKU has won back to back football titles.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I am as disappointed as you guys are that we didn't win C-USA. Hindsight 20/20 we wouldn't of won it anyway due to Stockstills injury imo. It is time for a conference championship. If Stock doesn't get it done while his son is here then I believe he will not get it done.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Whoever it is, I hope Coach Rick Stockstill can figure THEM out and help us beat WKU for once. I am sick and tired of losing to them and, in turn, losing the race for division champs.

Brian was their OC right so he's going with Jeff. Yes, Jeff was mainly calling the plays. WKU will have to re-tool with a whole new offensive line as well since the OL coach is going with Brohm. Gonna get interesting.

Wales is gone
Norris is gone
Taylor is gone

Here's your whole list. That's a lot to lose plus your whole coaching staff. Dang. Brohm left when his stock was high. Says a lot.

2 Keith Brown LB 6-1 240 SR Miami, FL
2 Taywan Taylor WR 6-1 195 SR Louisville, KY
7 Tyler Ferguson QB 6-4 225 SR Bakersfield, CA
8 Marcus Ward DB 6-3 210 SR Birmingham, AL
9 Omarius Bryant DL 6-3 310 SR Byram, MS
9 Nelson Fishback QB 6-2 215 SR Durham, CA
12 Nick Dawson-Brents DL 6-3 275 SR Charlotte, NC
15 Nicholas Norris WR 5-9 175 SR Miami, FL
15 Joseph Occhipinti P 6-3 190 SR Nashville, TN
17 Stephon Brown WR 5-9 190 SR Atlanta, GA
18 Shaquille Johnson TE 6-4 235 SR Lake City, FL
20 Anthony Wales RB 5-10 195 SR Louisville, KY
24 Devante Duclos DL 6-1 240 SR Miami, FL
31 Branden Leston DB 6-3 205 SR Clearwater, FL
33 Leon Allen RB 6-0 235 SR Bradenton, FL
34 Drew Davis LB 6-1 225 SR Madison, AL
41 Blair Vaughan RB 6-1 225 SR Clearwater, FL
47 Nolan Dowling LS 6-0 230 SR Belleville, IL
48 Kalvin Robinson DL 6-5 250 SR Birmingham, AL
62 Darrell Williams Jr. OL 6-6 310 SR Dublin, GA
70 Max Halpin OL 6-3 295 SR Fort Mitchell, KY
76 Forrest Lamp OL 6-4 300 SR Venice, FL
79 Joe Manley OL 6-6 315 SR Bowling Green, KY
87 Stevie Donatell TE 6-6 235 SR Lone Tree, CO
89 Desmond Maxwell TE 6-2 250 SR Louisville, KY

Mike White comes back but who does he throw to?

Last edited:
I'm not confident I am correct in this statement, but I thought Jeff was calling the plays after his OC went to USC last year.

I believe they are interested in the Special Teams coach Levine.
Brohm has called offensive plays since his ascension to HC three years ago.

Good for Brohm and good for WKU. Must be nice winning all those championships and graduating coaches to Power 5 programs.

Purdue's getting a great coach and should be able to at least compete with the Illinois and Indiana's of the world.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere (I even could have missed it being mentioned earlier in this thread) but who will be coaching The Red Towels against Memphis?

Is Brohm taking any assistants with him (that have already gone or been confirmed to go after the Bowl Game)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT