ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL IYO will the MT@Vanderbilt game be a sellout?

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
I went and checked their attendance numbers from last season. The average hovers around 34K..I think Vanderbilt's stadium holds just south of 40K. Lots of MT alumni in the mid state area, I would assume there will be a solid showing of Raider faithful.

No sellout. The only reason they average 34,000 is because of the other SEC teams fans. You saw how few they brought to Murfreesboro. I expect around 18,000 fans from both school.

Kinda shows where attendance is for schools like MT and yes, VU. The first three games in the Modern Era on West End were close to being full.
Now, with so many other options in the area for spending discretionary money and for using available time both schools have far fewer fans for whom such a game is a "can't miss" event.

It is what it is. I'm just hoping MT will be well represented at the game (40+% of the crowd) VU hosts TSU later in the schedule and at one time IMHO they would have brought more to West End than MT. Another indication of the changing times is that I don't see them bringing more than MT brought earlier in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT