ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Vanderbilt prediction, score, attendance and % crowd cheering for MT

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
last night discussed elsewhere the attendance and said I thought it would be about 30K, IIRC and and about 15k for each

here's an article on vandy attendance woes. Those clowns have no room to be criticizing any other program, especially when those folks have the benefit of huge traveling $ec fan bases and a large number of Nashville based non-vandy $ec fans who buy season tickets only when their school is on the vandy home schedule..

excerpt:

...Vanderbilt drew 30,304 fans for its home opener against South Carolina.

To put that number in context, the 2015 home opener against Western Kentucky -- a Conference USA team -- drew 30,307. The 2014 home opener against Temple drew 31,731. The 2013 home opener, like Thursday’s home opener a Southeastern Conference game (against Ole Miss), drew a capacity crowd of 40,350.

And not only was the crowd the smallest for a home opener since 2011 (when a Vanderbilt team coming off a 2-10 season hosted FCS foe Elon), but compared to the Temple and Western Kentucky games of the last two years, it was considerably heavier on opposing fans. The only thing that the White-Out that Vanderbilt planned for the home opener accomplished was making the number of South Carolina fans in the stadium even more obvious.....

I think MT wins 28-24. The crowd is 50% Blue Raider if the attendance is 30K or lower and any increase in attendance above that is all Middle Tennessee.

To provide evidence of and to perfectly illustrate vandy's problems, from just a couple of years ago, an aerial photo of the vandy stadium with a georgia visiting crowd.

vanyd%20uga%202015%20aerial_zpszl7zteqg.jpg

and here's a photo from about nine or ten years ago...

VU-EKUstartofgame2004.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOleBlue
It would be hard to believe their would be more Vandy Fans that they had on a Thursday night game against an SEC foe...even if its not 50-50, the amount of blue in the stands will be obvious.

We really need this game for our program and our momentum. We simple must get on a fast start.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I think y'all may be underestimating just how many MT fans will be there. The Vandy ticket website shows that the seats behind our bench are almost sold out with only a couple seats left here and there though I know it may not be the most accurate measure. For reference, the TSU @ Vandy game has a couple of thousand seats left behind the Tiger bench. Those sections will be full of MT fans and lots of our fans will be in the endzone as well. I hope we can have some pictures taken of just how big our showing is.

I will say the crowd is announced at 32,500 with at least 60% (closer to 2/3) in blue. We will win 34-17. I think our offense will shred up the Vandy defense and we will give up a few big plays but not nearly enough to compete with our attack.

Last edited:
I noted last year we only had 34 yard rushing...I think a key for the game is we need 100 yds rushing, this happens I think we will be able to then throw for about 300 and it will come down to which team makes the fewest mistakes. We need to get a lead and force them to throw.

I was at the Vandy vs. USC game last Thursday. Vandy should of won that game and blew it. I was impressed with Vandy's offensive line. They blew USC's line off the ball about 70% of the time which was impressive. Vandy's run defense is very good, however their pass defense is suspect. Vandy will continue to run and chew up the clock to keep our offense off the field. This will be the toughest defense we face all year so I am anxious to see what we can do against it. Vandy will score 4 touchdowns with their physical offensive line. If we had some depth on the DL then I would say differently but at the end of the day this will be more of a high scoring game then last year.

MT 29-Vandy 28. This one will be close. It all depends on how well we stop the Vandy run.

Attendance will be 35,000. 50/50.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
I think it will be in the 31k area of fan attendance. I have no clue as to the outcome. I hope that it goes our way but will have fun with the boy nonetheless.

This could be the game that propels the confidence of the team and changes the season.

Looking forward to see how different the offense is against a non FCS opponent.

Confidence-boosting game if we win. It will be fun to see us take over an SEC stadium, even if it is Vanderbilt. Really excited to see how our offense fares against an actual defense. Fortunately - Vandy's strength is against the run. However, CTF did say he wants I'tavius to have a lot more touches on Saturday. He is a power back and he can take down their defense if anyone can. I still say we will have 60% of the crowd in West End, especially given the fact that our allotment sold out and so many folks have bought from other places. Very excited to see the game and hopefully shut Vandy up for a while.

last night discussed elsewhere the attendance and said I thought it would be about 30K, IIRC and and about 15k for each

here's an article on vandy attendance woes. Those clowns have no room to be criticizing any other program, especially when those folks have the benefit of huge traveling $ec fan bases and a large number of Nashville based non-vandy $ec fans who buy season tickets only when their school is on the vandy home schedule..

excerpt:

...Vanderbilt drew 30,304 fans for its home opener against South Carolina.

To put that number in context, the 2015 home opener against Western Kentucky -- a Conference USA team -- drew 30,307. The 2014 home opener against Temple drew 31,731. The 2013 home opener, like Thursday’s home opener a Southeastern Conference game (against Ole Miss), drew a capacity crowd of 40,350.

And not only was the crowd the smallest for a home opener since 2011 (when a Vanderbilt team coming off a 2-10 season hosted FCS foe Elon), but compared to the Temple and Western Kentucky games of the last two years, it was considerably heavier on opposing fans. The only thing that the White-Out that Vanderbilt planned for the home opener accomplished was making the number of South Carolina fans in the stadium even more obvious.....

I think MT wins 28-24. The crowd is 50% Blue Raider if the attendance is 30K or lower and any increase in attendance above that is all Middle Tennessee.

To provide evidence of and to perfectly illustrate vandy's problems, from just a couple of years ago, an aerial photo of the vandy stadium with a georgia visiting crowd.

vanyd%20uga%202015%20aerial_zpszl7zteqg.jpg

and here's a photo from about nine or ten years ago...

VU-EKUstartofgame2004.jpg

MTSU 30-20

Attendance: 33K

17 K for MT
16 K for Vandy

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Should be an interesting chess match between MT's potent offense and Vanderbilts defense.

I love the enthusiasm on here, and I promise I'm not trying to be a wet blanket...

With that said, I would be shocked if we bring 15k like most of you are throwing out there. Our official allotment was 1,825, and while I know a ton of folks got tickets through Stub Hub or other secondary markets, I just don't see any way we get near 10k. I hope I'm wrong, and I still think we will have a great crowd. But when we are announcing 20k (with butts in seats around 15) for a home game, I think that number is a little high.

Latest weather report says a 50% chance of rain Saturday. Hopefully it won't be during the game again. I don't mind sitting in it as much as I hate the idea of their defense getting another assist from mother nature.

It's probably the kiss of death, but for some reason I feel like this game is going to be a lot like our 2001 game. I have a feeling we are just going to systematically whip them. They score late to make it look closer than it really was.

MT wins 27-17, crowd is 29,800, and by the end of the game 95% of the fans in the stadium will be cheering for the Raiders.

Serious question:

How many MTSU fans were in your own stadium last year? 10-15k maybe?

Why will more MTSU fans travel to see Vandy in Nashville vs a home game in Murfreesboro?

Is it simply because of the amount of UTjr fans that graduated from MTSU and hate VU but won't travel to the Boro?

It's a weird dynamic for sure? Vols play at 7, so conceivably, the MTVols can see both games.

It would be hard to believe their would be more Vandy Fans that they had on a Thursday night game against an SEC foe...even if its not 50-50, the amount of blue in the stands will be obvious.

We really need this game for our program and our momentum. We simple must get on a fast start.

Oh, we won't have many fans at all there. We all (90% of our fans) want Mason fired as he is an absolute clown and most people are in protest mode (i.e., not going until Mason is fired).

I predict more MTSU fans than VU fans.

I think this is the game that gets Mason fired. Losing to South Carolina was embarrassing, but losing to the local Sun Belt squad won't go over very well at all.

Last edited:
"I predict Moore MTSU fans than VU fans."

Since you capitalized Moore I assume you were using a common last name and expect many MT fans with the surname Moore to attend. Or perhaps you meant more.
That's OK VU fan; we've got a couple of posters who spell none as noone which either has the r left off (LOL) or is misspelled.

Reactions: MidTnBlues
Freidas, I happen to agree with you on our expectations for Middle turnout being a bit too optimistic.

But was referring to us as Sun Belt an honest mistake, or a dig?

If it's the former, I'd be disappointed in a mistake like that; we've been in CUSA for four years now. If it's the latter, I'd be disappointed for a different reason, as I seem to remember you being a decent, non-trolling poster.

"I predict Moore MTSU fans than VU fans."

Since you capitalized Moore I assume you were using a common last name and expect many MT fans with the surname Moore to attend. Or perhaps you meant more.
That's OK VU fan; we've got a couple of posters who spell none as noone which either has the r left off (LOL) or is misspelled.

Autocorrect.

Freidas, I happen to agree with you on our expectations for Middle turnout being a bit too optimistic.

But was referring to us as Sun Belt an honest mistake, or a dig?

If it's the former, I'd be disappointed in a mistake like that; we've been in CUSA for four years now. If it's the latter, I'd be disappointed for a different reason, as I seem to remember you being a decent, non-trolling poster.

Oh, I am far from decent when it comes to MTSU. My friends that went there are merciless towards Vandy and quite frankly, we don't need the help!!!

I have a ton of MTSU grad friends and we all give each other sh**.

Any jokes I make are light hearted in nature, I wish y'all no ill will and although I do hope we win, a loss actually helps us get rid of Mason (which we desperately need to do).

Reactions: kt4dores
75%-95% chance of thunderstorms during game time tomorrow. Thoughts on how this impacts the final score and attendance?

I'm worried this severely limits our offensive potency and is a blessing for Vandy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Since the game is at 3pm and it looks like storms won't be likely until a little later (at least according to Weather.com - only 10% chance at 3pm) I think that places even more pressure on us to get out the gate fast. Gotta score quick and not let up.

I would love the commodores blaming a little water for their loss to the Blue Raiders. LOL.

There is always an excuse with that program, I remember when they were quick to blame in on Cutler's suspension, you know, damaging public property and then could not outrun the MetroPD.

Funny they like to say how much devastating a loss to such a low team would be...they should be used to it over the last 15 years. Then again, only way to survive as a Vandy fan is to have a short term memory.

Will be listening to this one from far away, over 8,000 miles, with another MT alum and a Vandy alum.

Make me proud boys, TRUE BLUE!

I hope all of the visiting Blue Raider fans enjoyed the game. We appreciate the monetary contribution to the athletic program.

I love Vandy's stadium. Not a bad seat in the house and Lord knows we had plenty to choose from after the rain delay. I think most of Vandy's fans went home to watch the Battle of Bristol and missed their own blowout of the Blue Raiders.

ADVERTISEMENT