ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Poll - Are MT football tickets priced right?

Are MT football tickets priced right?

• They are what they should be.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • They should be priced lower.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • They should be priced higher

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

JohnDavidBlue

All American
Sep 10, 2005
I would like to know what most people think about our prices and why you voted the way you did. I was floored when I saw that Western Kentucky has a family plan where you can buy 4 season tickets for $200 ($50 per additional ticket). That is a great deal.

MT Ticket prices:
Sideline reserved - $120
End Zone Reserved - $99
Young Alumni Reserved (Section 2G) - $52 *must be four years or less removed from MTSU

Single Game Tickets are anywhere from $18-$24 except Vandy game which is $26-$32

For comparison:

Vanderbilt Ticket prices:
$308 Seat locations in five sideline sections, including three midfield sections on the east side of Vanderbilt Stadium.

$178 Individual youth tickets in sideline seat locations.

$178 Individual seat locations in six south end-zone sections.

$476 Four-ticket package - two adult and two youth - located in six south end-zone section.

$148 Limited number of tickets available in general admission area located on north end-zone berm.

Western Kentucky Season Tickets:
VIP Chair: $215 per seat + $500 HAF Annual Donation Per Seat
Topper: $150 per seat + $250 HAF Annual Donation Per Seat
Spirit: $120 per seat + $50 HAF Annual Donation Per Seat
Red Towel: $80 per seat + $150 HAF Annual Donation Unlimited Seats
Loyalty: $80 per seat + $50 HAF Annual Donation Unlimited Seats
Reserved: $80 per seat No HAF Donation Required
Big Red Family Plan: $200 for four seats Additional tickets $50 per seat Minimum four seat purchase No HAF Donation Required

I think our pricing is in line with the product. I would gladly pay a higher price if we were winning championships and bowl games. I think MBB is a great value.

I think our tickets are priced about right. What I'd like to see are group season tix packages that bring in first time season ticket holders or folks that have been away for a few years. Just idea, image telling your 4800 season ticket holders that for every new folks they get to buy you get a discount on yours? We need to turn the 4800 into sales people for the program.

The problem I have with MT athletic prices in general is the lack of different tiers of season ticket packages. This issue has been mentioned in previous posts with the desire for family packs, specials for new season ticket purchasers, etc.

A real problem we have in BkB is the design of the building - very hard to keep folks in their assigned seat without hiring more staff (referred on message boards as "ticket gestapo"). Everybody, unless a huge crowd, seems to see all seating is Gen admin. Don't know how many times I have had to ask someone to move from "my" seats and every game students (who should have many reasons to want to be in the student section IMHO - not that I agree that the student section should be in the end zone, another issue) are sitting in the reserved sections.

As has been mentioned many times by posters: If you give Massaro or others on staff what you think is a good idea they never respond and for sure never try what you suggest. Early on in Massaro's tenure I gave Massaro, Davis, and Insell an idea (used by the Atlanta Hawks) by snail mail on how to sell a few more season tickets. Never used or even acknowledged. Why try to help?

(I did get an e-mail this AM - Buy a sideline ticket to the VU game and get a voucher for M & W BkB and BB first home games - not a bad idea)

In theory I understand wanting to sit in the seat you paid for but at MT athletic events even if someone is in the seat you paid for there is more than likely a seat wide open near your assigned seat, and in some cases its an even better seat

You would have to know a lot more about me before questioning why I want to sit in my seats at BkB games. Not trying to be a smart a-- but there are several reasons why I sit in those specific seats (any yes, there are almost always seats available that most fans would think were equivalent or "better' seats).

There should be special prices for young children. I know a few people that have stopped coming to games because they can't justify $20 each, for children that are under 5.
That's my biggest gripe. MT Athletics needs to be a family event, but at $20 bucks a pop, a family of four would shell out $400+ to attend every game (family section) or $80 bucks for a single game.

Southern a hbcu GA tickets are $25 so I think we are priced to cheap, devaluing the product to were people always want a discount. are still getting D1 football at a affordable price. Hell high schools are charging $10 to $12 now, the problem is people thinks the school owes them something, when in fact you owe the school for helping you obtain the career you have now and creating jobs in the area

To me we do not have enough perks and benefits for the commitment to be full STHs. I may think differently if they were winning titles and bowl games and the tickets were in demand. But with all the empty seats, and perks they give out to the single game ticket buyer I think the STH prices are a bit too high but not too terrible.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
My 2 cents is that I'm not convinced that we are priced right. The in game experience is the same as it was in the 90s except for the music choices.

I know you can't please everyone with costs but with TV and streaming options, I won't be at every game due to the size of my family and the cost of attending the event.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT