1890 Enrollment: 37,231 Undergrad 29,481 Postgrad 6,687
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
Green, White and Black Nickname:Mean Green, Eagles Mascot: Scrappy the Eagle
Fight song UNT Fight Song "
Series:
NT leads 8-6
Stadium: Apogee Stadium (30,850)
Head Coach: Seth Littrell (Oklahoma, 2001)
Record at North Texas: First season Overall: Same
2015 Record: 1-11 (1-7) Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 13/9 Lettermen R/L: 62/17

Weather Forecast:
Sunny/Clear, 81°/58°, 0% precip ESE 6 mph

Where: Apogee Stadium, 1251 S. Bonnie Brae Street, Denton, Texas 76207

Stadium Policies: Prohibited items include but are not limited to pets of any kind (except assistance animals for those with disabilities), fireworks, weapons, flagpoles, laser pointers, explosive devices and artificial noisemakers, outside food and drink, backpacks, large and hard sided bags, suitcases, glass or metal beverage containers, flasks, coolers, thermoses, drones, selfie sticks, aerosol spray cans, umbrellas, video recorders and tripods. Anyone apprehended with any intoxicants in the stadium, except in the sanctioned areas, will be subject to ejection without refund.... more

Ticket Notes

If you are thinking about making the trip to North Texas, tickets are still available to purchase through the University of North Texas ticket office by clicking here or calling (940) 565-2527. The MTSU seating section is in Sections 124 and 125 and tickets start at $12 per ticket. On game days, the ticket office at Gate 2 will open six hours prior to kickoff. The ticket offices at Gate 3 and Gate 4 will open four hours prior to kickoff. General will call is located at the Gate 2 ticket office (west side), and the visiting team will call is located at Gate 3B (north side).

Those with west side tickets (Sections 101-109, 201-212) should enter through Gate 2. Those with east side tickets (Sections 115-125, 215-224) should enter through Gate 4. General Admission and End Zone Reserved tickets are located in the north end zone, and those fans should enter through Gate 3.

Television:
Campus Insiders Ray Crawford (PxP), Max Starks (Amalyst)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), (TuneIn app)

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Game Tracker

Newspapers: Denton Record Chronicle, North Texas Daily,

Message Boards: GoMeanGreen.com, Mean and Green, , , , , ,

Blogs: Brett Vito's Mean Green Blog, Mean Green Nation,

Athletic site:
meangreensports.com, North Texas Gameday Central, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: North Texas, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: North Texas 2016 SBNation Preview, 2016 CUSA Football Preview: North Texas, North Texas 2016 Sports Chat Place College Football Preview, North Texas (Orlando Sentinel #127), Middle Tennessee 2016 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #63), Middle Tennessee 2016 Season Preview

Game Notes:
North Texas game notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: North Texas seeks fast start vs. Middle Tennessee, RAIDERS, MEAN GREEN TANGLE IN DENTON

Roster: Mean Green, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @MeanGreenSports, @MeanGreenFB, @SethLittrell, @brettvito, @gomeangreen, @NTSportsStats, @UNTGridiron, @MeanGreenProd, @MeanGreen_Adams,, ,,,

Hashtags:
#MeanGreen, #NorthTexas, #GMG, #UNTouchable, #NewDenton, #bthoMTSU, , #BlueRaiders, #MTvsUNT, #BeatUNT,

Facebook:
Mean Green Sports, Mean Green Football

Youtube: Mean Green Sports,,,

Instagram:
Mean Green Sports,

Last edited:
Let's hope this is a statement win ... I think we could use a big 52-7 win over a conference opponent. Maybe the North Texicans will be gassed after their thrilling win of the century over the Owl-Print Pillows from Rice.

Speaking of Buster Ball, Arkie St. lost to Central Arkansas and are 0-4. Couldn't happen to a better bunch.

They were all loving this hire earlier this year and I remember a lot of our fans telling them that he isn't all he is cracked up to be.

Fast-forward to week one and some of them were calling for his head.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
As for Campus.Insiders: I downloaded the app (free) on my Roku just for next weeks game which IIRC is the only game on this platform IIRC. Checked it out and it works fine.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Doing OK for an old codger - Now if I can just get CUSA.tv to work well enough to hook up my laptop to my TV and justify the $99.95 (which could be a good thing come BkB season - we'll see). So far not nearly as good as WatchESPN or Campus Insiders or anything else I stream live.

Gotta become somewhat tech savvy if you're a Blue Raider fan who wants to see his teams play.

And one question: Anybody got an idea when or if the games are replayed on ASN? Comcast guide is no help. If not replayed are they available on line?

Doing OK for an old codger - Now if I can just get CUSA.tv to work well enough to hook up my laptop to my TV and justify the $99.95 (which could be a good thing come BkB season - we'll see). So far not nearly as good as WatchESPN or Campus Insiders or anything else I stream live.

Gotta become somewhat tech savvy if you're a Blue Raider fan who wants to see his teams play.

And one question: Anybody got an idea when or if the games are replayed on ASN? Comcast guide is no help. If not replayed are they available on line?

the latech game supposedly is on starting at 3:30pm Monday, 6pm Tuesday, 10:30am Wednesday.

Reactions: MidTnBlues
Yep, in 2009 we won 37-21 in Tony Franklin's one and only prior appearance as our OC vs UNT.

OK Space, thanks for the replay info (hoping it is correct - not doubting you) - Where did you locate the info?

My Comcast guide channel has nothing listed nor does the ASN on-line site have anything I can find on replays.

They were all loving this hire earlier this year and I remember a lot of our fans telling them that he isn't all he is cracked up to be.

Fast-forward to week one and some of them were calling for his head.
A friend of mine is an Ark State fan. He was pumped about the hire earlier this year and even mentioned how many MT coaches had left for Ark State.

Fast forward to September and he now says MT can have him back.

If you have the X1 platform you can use the microphone feature and just say 'Blue Raiders' and it should bring it up.

A friend of mine is an Ark State fan. He was pumped about the hire earlier this year and even mentioned how many MT coaches had left for Ark State.

Fast forward to September and he now says MT can have him back.

Since they have an affinity for former MT coaches after we are done with them, I can think of a couple more they can come and get...

SlingTv has been a huge convenience for me this year. Being out of state, it has sometimes been challenging to follow the Blue Raiders. Even more challenging, we have decided to live cable free for the past 4 years. But with Sling's $25/month sports plan, I've been able to catch all of the games thus far, with the exception of Alabama A&M.

SlingTV features all the ESPN networks stations (including ESPN3), SEC Network, PAC-12 Network, beIN, & College Insiders.

This game has the feeling of being a potential big let down game. I was at the 2011 & 2013 games in Denton where the combined score was in favor of UNT 93-14 MT.

SlingTv has been a huge convenience for me this year. Being out of state, it has sometimes been challenging to follow the Blue Raiders. Even more challenging, we have decided to live cable free for the past 4 years. But with Sling's $25/month sports plan, I've been able to catch all of the games thus far, with the exception of Alabama A&M.

SlingTV features all the ESPN networks stations (including ESPN3), SEC Network, PAC-12 Network, beIN, & College Insiders.

This game has the feeling of being a potential big let down game. I was at the 2011 & 2013 games in Denton where the combined score was in favor of UNT 93-14 MT.
I'm a Sling user as well and have been satisfied with it. It's a no-contract money saver.

Given the result of the previous games in Denton with you in attendance, I think most MT fans would prefer you stay at home ;)

As for Campus.Insiders: I downloaded the app (free) on my Roku just for next weeks game which IIRC is the only game on this platform IIRC. Checked it out and it works fine.

FYI...CI does not stream games to their Roku app. Not sure why they even have it. They put up a bunch of taped video but no games. Thought you might want to know so you can make other plans.

Reactions: MT Glenn
FYI...CI does not stream games to their Roku app. Not sure why they even have it. They put up a bunch of taped video but no games. Thought you might want to know so you can make other plans.

Thanks. I downloaded the app to Roku yesterday. Glad to know ahead of time that it won't work.

Are you sure? Thought I checked out a live event a couple of weeks ago.

If not, how do you get the CI stream?

Last edited:
Here is Campus Insider's own promotion of the Roku app. You probably just missed it when you downloaded it...

Quick Look: The Campus Insiders Roku channel provides college sports fans with videos covering college basketball and college football. Sorry - no live games or full replays, but you will get short (under 5 minutes) videos with game highlights, player interviews, predictions, and similar newsclip-style videos.

OK, so I have to hook up my laptop via HDMI to my TV. No sweat, but do I have to download anything to my laptop or just go to the site? Thanks

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will travel to Apogee Stadium to take on the North Texas Mean Green this Saturday night in College Football action.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders improved to 3-1 (0-0 C-USA) on the season after defeating the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 38-34, this past Saturday. Middle Tennessee found themselves down by a 20-7 margin at halftime however, used a 21-point 4th quarter to pull off the come from behind victory. Middle Tennessee was outgained by Louisiana tech by a 622-553 margin but did win the turnover battle by a 1-0 margin. Leading the way for Middle Tennessee was RB I’Tavius Mathers who had 163 rushing yards and 3 TD’s. On the season, Middle Tennessee is averaging 39.5 ppg on 541.3 total yards per game (367.0 passing, 174.3 rushing). Offensively, leading the way for the Blue Raiders has been QB Brent Stockstill who has completed 63.8% of his passes for 13 TD and 3 INT while averaging 340.5 passing yds/game. RB I’Tavius Mathers has been outstanding in the Blue Raider backfield has he has 7 TD’s and is averaging 111.75 rushing yds/game on 17.0 att/game. Stockstill’s main receiving target has been Richie James who is averaging 8.3 rec/game and 104.8 yds/game and has 3 TD’s on the season. RB I’Tavius Mathers (4.5 rec/game, 65.0 yds/game, 2 TD), WR Patrick Smith (4.3 rec/game, 49.8 yds/game, 2 TD), and Ty Lee (4.3 rec/game, 42.3 yds/game, 3 TD) have also played major roles in the Blue Raiders passing attack. Defensively, Middle Tennessee is allowing their opponents to average 25.5 ppg on 386.3 total yards per game (200.0 passing, 186.3 rushing).

The North Texas Mean Green improved to 2-2 (1-0 C-USA) after defeating the Rice Owls, 42-35 in 2-OT, this past Saturday. The Mean Green Defense came up big in OT and secured the victory after stopping Rice’s RB, Darik Dillard, on a 4th-and-1 attempt. North Texas was outgained by Rice by a 491-439 margin however, did win the turnover battle by a 3-1 margin. Leading the way for the Mean Green was RB Jeffrey Wilson who had 157 rushing yards and 3 TD’s in the victory. On the season, North Texas is averaging 26.0 ppg on 334.0 total yards per game (180.5 passing, 153.5 rushing). Offensively, North Texas has been led by RB duo of Jeffrey Wilson (14.25 att/game, 88.0 yds/game, 6 TD) and Willy Ivery (9.33 att/game, 48.0 yds/game, 3 TD). Freshman QB Mason Fine has completed 50.0% of his passes for a TD and INT while averaging 118.0 passing yds/game. Thaddeous Thompson (3.0 rec/game, 43.5 yds/game, TD), Willie Robinson (2.5 rec/game, 30.3 yds/game), Kenny Buyers (1.8 rec/game, 28.5 yds/game), and Terian Goree (3.3 rec/game, 23.5 yds/game) have been the most active receivers for the Mean Green. Defensively, North Texas is allowing their opponents to average 30.3 ppg on 441.3 total yards per game (206.5 passing, 234.8 rushing).

The Blue Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 conference games however, just 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games following a ATS loss. The Mean Green are 4-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record however, just 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win.

North Texas already has surpassed their 2015 win total and certainly seems to be playing with more energy under 1st year Head Coach, Seth Littrell, however, the Mean Green are still at least a couple of years away from competing in the C-USA.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT