ADVERTISEMENT

It's Official: Mathers to MT

Not to mention Thomas, Herrod and the incoming class. I think stacked would be the applicable word to use when describing the future of the backfield.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

We signed Jordan Parker the same year that Mathers signed with ole miss. I'm more than happy with the JP signing. He's had 2142 rush yards, including 851 as a true freshman, and 11 rushing TD's. Another 245 receiving and a TD. Mathers 3 year totals are 1061 rushing, 7 TD's and 141 receiving with no TD's. Parker has had roughly 250 more carries than Mathers. Probably not the easiest comparison/projection to make but how would Mathers have faired had he signed here out of high school? I tend to think he would have done ok here but I don't think he would have put up the numbers that JP has. Recruiting RB's has been our strongest point under Stock.

This is awesome, a lot of excitement from people who usually do not pay attention to MT athletics as well.

I guess a big question that comes from this is whether or not Mather's decision will have any impact on any future local talent deciding to sign here rather than with other programs. A player could still fulfill all their goals while playing in front of the home folks in my view.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS! Tucker, Parker, and Mathers..Plus he was a local star so that might stir up some interest!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT