ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Indianapolis Star article on Erik Walden

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
...Robert Mathis? He'll make time to talk about Erik Walden.

Chuck Pagano? He can’t say enough good things about No. 93.

“You asking about E-Wal?” asked Nate Irving with a wide grin on his face. “Oh, I'll tell you about E-Wal. Let's see, you’re gonna need a big notebook and two pens.”

Then Irving said what they all say.

“Being around a lot of different places, you see a lot ‘me’ guys," said Irving, a five-year NFL linebacker released by the Colts over the weekend. "That’s not him at all. E-Wal just goes out there and does what he does. He gets dirty. Gritty. And we appreciate it."

A run-stopping outside linebacker, Walden's role on the Colts defense is to do the jobs no one else wants. The glamourless jobs. The dirty work.....

Erik Walden: From 'bad contract' to good teammate

Great article. And I'm happy for Walden. He certainly had nothing handed to him upon his entrance to the league and had to work for everything. I hope he balls out this year and gets one more big time contract before he rides off in the sunset and breaks ground on MT's IPF...:)

Great article. And I'm happy for Walden. He certainly had nothing handed to him upon his entrance to the league and had to work for everything. I hope he balls out this year and gets one more big time contract before he rides off in the sunset and breaks ground on MT's IPF...:)

It would be nice to see a athletic facility named for a former NFL player who donated the major portion for it...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT