ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not rooting against the players....

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
but the question is are there three more wins on the schedule?

I honestly began to question whether this team becomes 'eligible' as in past seasons where the schedule might have provided the easy wins to end the season with a bowl trip. Going into the season I though this would be a 4-8 season and they may still be even if they are +2 to this point (Miami and CSU wins) of where I thought they would be.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
I think the biggest targets are UTEP, FIU and Charlotte. La Tech and FAU are big question marks but have the ability to crush us too. We did just play the toughest part of the schedule by far but .yes, it will be toug to get 3 more wins.

Does it really matter at this point? Just end up back in the Bahamas Bowl and Stock getting another extension.
It does matter to the players.

We are never geting rid of Stock. That much is clear. He could lose every game until 28 and we are still keeping him. This thread isn't even about him to be honest.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
I think they do it, they play 4 out of the bottom 5, the other being themselves. FAU is good but beatable. Likely 3 wins there.

I’m torn about the rest of the year. I do care about the players, but I think the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope there will be change is if we continue to dramatically decline and lose. So I almost want to see us lose all remaining games bylarge margins with the hope they will be forced to do something. If we continue on around .500 every season then nothing will ever change and Rick just keeps getting extended.

our only chance feels like to me we have to bottom out.

I’m torn about the rest of the year. I do care about the players, but I think the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope there will be change is if we continue to dramatically decline and lose. So I almost want to see us lose all remaining games bylarge margins with the hope they will be forced to do something. If we continue on around .500 every season then nothing will ever change and Rick just keeps getting extended.

Stock can lose every game now until 2028. It's still his decision to leave. We don't have the money nor the desire to make a change.

Agree. That's how I feel... I care about the players as well, but there will be some that will choose to move on, and I can't say I blame them.

I do feel the program will have to hit rock bottom, no much further to go, before anything is done. To be honest, I am not sure anything will happen when rock bottom arrives.

It's the age old conundrum of wanting the players to win every game and the coaching staff to lose every game.

We will lose one we aren't supposed to. We do every year. I'm guessing FIU.

Either way, except for maybe Miami, it looks like again the bulk of our wins will be against teams finishing with a losing record.

We will have to bottom out for 5 years straight and it still may not be enough. I really believe that. He is a .500 coach so the reality is that he will win enough to stay here until death.

It's the age old conundrum of wanting the players to win every game and the coaching staff to lose every game.

We will lose one we aren't supposed to. We do every year. I'm guessing FIU.

Either way, except for maybe Miami, it looks like again the bulk of our wins will be against teams finishing with a losing record.
Nothing says Miami wins out. They are not that good.

Nothing says Miami wins out. They are not that good.
Very true.

And here's one for you too. He's 104-102 now.

So we are 3-4 now with 5 or 6 left depending on bowl. He could possibly have an overall losing record at the end of the season.

If we go 3-2 the last five to finish 6-6, he will be 107-104 before a bowl game. 2 games over .500 at worst.

If we go 2-3 the last five to finish 5-7, he will be 106-105. 1 game over .500.

Go 1-4 the last five to finish 4-8, he will be 105-106. 1 game under .500.

Very true.

And here's one for you too. He's 104-102 now.

So we are 3-4 now with 5 or 6 left depending on bowl. He could possibly have an overall losing record at the end of the season.

If we go 3-2 the last five to finish 6-6, he will be 107-104 before a bowl game. 2 games over .500 at worst.

If we go 2-3 the last five to finish 5-7, he will be 106-105. 1 game over .500.

Go 1-4 the last five to finish 4-8, he will be 105-106. 1 game under .500.
Damn, he sucks....

I've looked at some things and the 3 most winnable games are UTEP, CLT and FIU. However, if we played like Saturday, I don't think we win any of the last 5. We have 2 weeks to get healthier and form a whole new game plan. it will take both. Stuck has a history of doing that very thing so we will see. He did look completely dejected Saturday night.

At this point, I find myself hoping they lose from Sunday to Friday. The players will be on 'ship. They'll be fine either way. Rationally, I know that the only glimmer of hope we have is that it gets so bad that the MT AD simply has to figure out a way to make a change.

But the game starts, and I find myself hoping they win. I have some emotion invested in the school and program so I really can't actively root for them to lose while the game is going on.

It's not normal, but nothing about this situation we find ourselves in is normal.

He will back into another bowl. The combined record of the remaining opponents is 11-22.
The two remaining home opponents (Charlotte and FAU) are rocking along at a combined 4-10.
The three road games remaining (UTEP, LaTech, FIU) are a stellar 7-12.

He has to be holding court in staff meetings, just yucking it up over the remaining pile of dead fish on the schedule and his contractual “expectations” for beating them. What a freaking joke. Cristobal and Miami really did him a solid.

Last edited:
He will back into another bowl. The combined record of the remaining opponents is 14-22.
The two remaining home opponents (Charlotte and FAU) are rocking along at a combined 4-10.
The three road games remaining (UTEP, LaTech, FIU) are a stellar 7-12.

He has to be holding court in staff meetings, just yucking it up over the remaining pile of dead fish on the schedule and his contractual “expectations” for beating them. What a freaking joke. Cristobal and Miami really did him a solid.
You are correct... The MT fanbase is so screwed...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT