ADVERTISEMENT

If Memphis gets a Big 12 invite....

If we get into the top 25 then ticket sales will boom along with increased donations. Body bag games won't matter as much.

The body bag games are fine to me. If we got into a better conference like the ACC/SEC, we would play these opponents all of the time right? Play the games. If we didn't want to play em, we shouldn't have gone FBS in the first place. Playing FCS teams at home don't help us. They just don't. We had a shot at playing UT at Nissan last year and passed because Massaro didn't think it was fair to play UT first week, then Bama the next. I think that's exactly what we should do. If we want to change our perception, then walk the road and freaking go for it. Remember when we beat GT? That did more for us than any conference win ever did.

The Big 12 has no reason to expand since the championship game doesn't require a minimum of 12 teams now. Why in the hell would they divide their money more to a team they didn't really want in the first place. They might expand but they are in no hurry now.

The latest article that was released stated that BYU, Houston and Cincy are their targets which is what I called in the first place? So if they eventually do it that's who they want but it won't be until much later now.

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Tool
The body bag games are fine to me. If we got into a better conference like the ACC/SEC, we would play these opponents all of the time right? Play the games. If we didn't want to play em, we shouldn't have gone FBS in the first place. Playing FCS teams at home don't help us. They just don't. We had a shot at playing UT at Nissan last year and passed because Massaro didn't think it was fair to play UT first week, then Bama the next. I think that's exactly what we should do. If we want to change our perception, then walk the road and freaking do it. Remember when we beat GT? That did more for us than any conference win ever did.

The Big 12 has no reason to expand since the championship game doesn't require a minimum of 12 teams now. Why in the hell would they divide their money more to a team they didn't really want in the first place. They might expand but they are in no hurry now.

The latest article that was released stated that BYU, Houston and Cincy are their targets which is what I called in the first place. So if they eventually do it that's who they want but it won't be until much later now.

You want to bet a steak dinner at The Alley on Main?

Bet what? That they expand at all or that they pick the Murder Capital of the Country's team?
I guess I got my answer. Hopefully CM and SM are being proactive about moving up because I guarantee you that USM and Marshall are. The free market has redefined the value of the entire CUSA Football TV package for this year with the likes of ODU, Charlotte and the Texas Directional schools.

I couldn't care less. I live 15 minutes from MY TEAM. I go to MY TEAM's games. I loved them when they were FCS. I love them when they were in the Belt and guess what? I still love em now. We've won with no money and we still win with little money. We don't win every game but we've done a lot with a little.

I'm not crying about this because we still get more money than we used to.

When is this shift happening? Here's an answer. No one knows and I wouldn't hold my breath. Let's see how Murder City does this year before we make em a dynasty and desirable by a P5. It won't be by 2017.

I think you're wrong, JT but if Memphis is left out of Big12 expansion, it won't be for lack of trying or guns blazing.
While on the other hand, our AD is spouting CUSA propaganda about the Al-jazeera Network agreement. I hope he has AAC folks on his cell phone speed dial. Less than $3MM total TV revenue this season is a potential program killer.

Drama queen much? It's still 3 times what we got in the belt and we survived. I really don't know why you still come here to spout such nonsense. Also if you were the insider you claim to be you would already be aware of AAC persuits. I guess it's another one of those phone calls CM forgot to give you. I hope this one doesn't get your panties in as big of bunch as the last time he forgot to give you a call and tell you what was going on...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT