ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Childers, Tanner and Murphy

MT01

All American
Aug 1, 2005
Tell us more about what a great program this is. And what idiots we are

Proving that Miami was nothing but a fluke. We look like a bad high school team.

Once again it’s not yet Columbus Day and we’re already out of the race and look pathetic in the process. Can someone tell me where I can sign up to have 50% success and make a million dollars a year.

Tell us more about what a great program this is. And what idiots we are

Proving that Miami was nothing but a fluke. We look like a bad high school team.

Once again it’s not yet Columbus Day and we’re already out of the race and look pathetic in the process. Can someone tell me where I can sign up to have 50% success and make a million dollars a year.
A DH in baseball could make WELL over a million a year with a .500 success rate at the plate. 🙂

Seriously though, yeah, it's pathetic. I've come to expect it until we see something that looks like real, serious change. It's better for my health.

That’s the problem Space, the administrations goals and the fans goals are in two different stratospheres. They are happy just getting by, hitting 6-6, and attending a bowl game. They were truly shocked when it was pointed out that the facilities are sub par for a d1 program.

The sky was the limit in 09. With the amount of local alumni and booming Nashville market they could have gone to the moon. They missed the bus. Now they are what they are….if you think different you may be an idiot.

The way WKU is playing, and the way we've played, we will get boat raced next week. I had hope before today. Not now. We will be lucky to beat FIU and Charlotte.

Reactions: Hop45
Chris Childers’s answer to me on Twitter is we are 100 percent still idiots and 6-6 is what we should expect due to facilities

Facilities will help. Of course they will. Kids like shiny new things (just not shiny aluminum).

But it isn't gonna help enough to go from 6 to 10 wins. It may add one a year. The rest is coaching. Period. And I'm not talking just about the head ball coach.

If the talent we have is good enough to dominate ACC Miami for an entire game, then the sloppy play vs UTSA and not even "competing" vs UAB today is purely coaching. Clear sign that ours are not very good.

I’m not sure Miami worked out but our talent is not on par with the teams we are playing. I’m sorry but at certain positions we look like we have backup high school players.

Reactions: Predarat
It’s very silly to watch him blame certain aspects of the game for losing when WE CONTINUOUSLY LOSE LIKE THIS regardless of the reason.
Losers frequently have excuses ready, rarely accept responsibility, and are frequently offended when someone mentions their loss.

With the parasites employed at this university, it appears to be the rule rather than the exception.

I’m not sure Miami worked out but our talent is not on par with the teams we are playing. I’m sorry but at certain positions we look like we have backup high school players.
The coaching is frreaking terrible. Better coaches, better players too. There are good kids out there with size not being taken. It;s like we prefer smaller kids here. We could have the facilities and still not win due to crappy coaching. Colorado St. has great facilities. Miami has amazing facilities. We beat them. Stockstill looked lost yeasterday. Facilities ain't fixing that unless it's an elderly facility. Put 9 in the box knowing they were gonna pick us apart doesn't have sh!t to do with what building we have. Then, after the first drive, we don't change it up. I mean, if that ain't bad coaching I don't know what is.

Bad coaching makes it look that way too. If our secondary isn't up to par, why in the hell are we running man with 8-9 in the box? That's coaching.

Facilities, injuries, and all the other stuff aside

It’s the inconsistency during the Stock tenure that is concerning. For every game where MT is ”on” (ex : Miami), there’s a game where MT is “off.” For every embarassing season opening loss, there’s a solid rebound win.

To be sure, there are moments where I’m like “Ok, there’s hope he can get MT over the hump with the right assts & facilities.” But there are also moments when I’m like “did they practice at all…”

It’s mind boggling.

Facilities, injuries, and all the other stuff aside

It’s the inconsistency during the Stock tenure that is concerning. For every game where MT is ”on” (ex : Miami), there’s a game where MT is “off.” For every embarassing season opening loss, there’s a solid rebound win.

To be sure, there are moments where I’m like “Ok, there’s hope he can get MT over the hump with the right assts & facilities.” But there are also moments when I’m like “did they practice at all…”

It’s mind boggling.
Concerning? LOL. No sh!t. Trust me, we concerned. Still LOL.

Stuckstill doesn't have the ability to get it done. A brand new building ain't changing that. There's a reason he was never a HC before he got here. He's been here about 12 years too long. There is also a reason no other G5 school or any achool for that matter has locked down a .500 coach for life. We were the first and only school to do it. LOL. That's concerning too.

I think the “Little Middle” nickname has shifted solidly to “Mediocre Middle” now, unfortunately. Definitely a broken record by this point but it’s disappointing how aspects of the university’s leadership and football alumni structure can’t see how damaging this is for the program.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
I'm sick of the facilities argument. You want facilities? Then design and sell an entertainment product that brings in money.

There's only 2 ways to do it. You sell an outstanding product (not happening with these duds) or you sell hope for the future. They can't do the former, and they refuse to do the latter, so they're reduced to begging and offering nothing in return. And now their down to scolding and crapping over their own fan base? I'd rather watch it burn than give $$$ to this crew.

And 10 years ago, when MT wasn't woefully behind in the facilities race, Stock wasn't winning anything anyway, so the whole "give them facilities" argument holds no water.

Exactly! You could put stock with UTSA or UAB and he's gonna lose there like he does here. Lead can't become gold no matter how much you paint it and tell us it's gold. I love how these former players bring up the 10 win season. Who did we beat in 09? I think it was 1 team with a winning record. We still didn't beat Troy or win the title. What did we do the following year? Lose to Memphis and UNT and had to fight to get to 6-6 only to jack the bowl game with Miami of Ohio.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
I took a little liberty and revised Stock’s post-Miami quotes to be applicable to the UAB outing this weekend.

“They ran for 303 against us. They averaged 8.0 yards per carry. They threw for 278.

They gave us nothing but we spent $15-$20,000 for three busses, a couple of team meals and a hotel for the night….. for a 41-14 buttkicking”
[/i]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT