ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Here’s a question the GoMiddle staff is talking about

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
In our group chat...What’s your top 5 guys for 2000’s and top 5 for 2010’s?

who wins?

Kendall Newson and Kevin Byard are the first ones that come to mind

2000s

Tommy Gunn
Mike Dean
John Humphrey
William Pippen
Desmond Yates

2010s

Jacorie Williams
Giddy Potts
Reggie Upshaw
Shawn Jones
Nick King

If you just mean the 5 best players, I would go with:

2000s: Gunn, Yates, Kanaskie, Pippen, Cuffee

2010s: King, Williams, Upshaw, Potts, Jones

If I need to put together an actual lineup of 5 guys to play a game, I would go with:

2000s: Kanaskie, Gunn, Calvin O'Neil (the senior year version of him), Yates, and Lee Nosse (everybody on the floor can score, Yates can flourish at the 4 spot, and O'Neil will keep perimeter defense strong even though Kanaskie's on-ball defense was not his strongest attribute).

2010s: Massey, Potts, Hammonds, King, and Jones (Massey and Hammonds will make life miserable for opposing guards; Jones will erase any effort to get to the rim; King and Potts are the 1-2 punch offensively and Hammonds will make people pay for leaving him open).

The 2010s would win. The toughest guys to leave off the squad for me are Marcos Knight and Laron Dendy. Knight is a better player than Hammonds IMO but I want a better combination of size on the court and I wouldn't have that with Potts and Knight playing together. Dendy was a good scorer and arguably a better facilitator as a big man, but King brings more offensive polish which I feel like this group needs since Massey and Jones are defense first guys.

Underrated guys from each decade: 2000s = Montarrio Haddock; 2010s = J.T. Sulton

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT