ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Hayes commits

From what I have heard, do we want the drama that might come from the family? Wonder if this means that Anastasia might be considering us?

Murfreesboro Post:

Riverdale's senior Hayes reportedly commits to MTSU

Riverdale senior guard Aislynn Hayes had reportedly committed to MTSU.

She averaged more than 13 points last season and helped lead the Lady Warriors to the program's third straight Class AAA state championship.

Hayes' older sister, Anastasia Hayes, was dismissed for UT earlier this year and her mother said at the time that Aislynn and her two sisters, Alasia and Acasia, wouldn't not be going to Knoxville where they had already committed.

Anstasia Hayes hasn't indicated where she will transfer to continue her career after being named the Sixth Player of the Year in the SEC last season.

Does anyone know if Aislynn is a good prospect? At this time I would welcome a family of talented players. It’s a risk I’m willing to take so we can get this program back in the top 25 where it belongs.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I'm a little leery of it. I think Memphis encountered an issue with a family of athletes when Tubby Smith took over that program and it sort of blew up that roster and it never really recovered. Hopefully the Insells have done some due diligence and I would think they would be fully aware of the risks they are taking.

Does anyone know if Aislynn is a good prospect? At this time I would welcome a family of talented players. It’s a risk I’m willing to take so we can get this program back in the top 25 where it belongs.

I know a Memphis Tiger fan was noting that she was a Memphis Lady Tiger target.

She is ranked 90 on ESPN, so I am guessing she is pretty darn good. Look at where UT is now compared to where they were under Pat... and you will notice a trend... which is hitting all parts of their program. MT the better option now, especially with our future coming together.

Hiring Matt has really paid off so far on the recruiting trail. I personally hope Rick stays another 2 years or so and then Matt gets promoted.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT