ADVERTISEMENT

GolfChannel.com College notebook: Middle Tennessee writes story of the year

The talent that Webb brought in was unquestionable. Hell I could go out there as Happy Gilmore's caddy and coach these guys to a ship.

The talent shined out there today, no doubt. They should be set up for another couple of years too. Might make recruiting a bit easier as well. It's a good job to have right now, for sure.

Still just SMH. This guy, who purports to be “in the know”, apparently thought our new coach inherited a stacked deck. Obviously the folks at The Golf Channel, who perhaps spend a little time doing their due diligence, have a different perspective.

Your ignorance, and lack of reading comprehension, is showing. Did you even read the whole thing or just the parts that looked good to you?

To quote:

“I told the guys, ‘Nobody’s giving us a chance, but I’m telling you, there’s enough talent here to get it done,’” McEntire said. “Lo and behold, we win the conference tournament.”

Wow, so there was talent on the roster??

The roster was depleted, yes. There was a complete lack of depth, yes. All of these things are true, yet none of that changes the FACT that the players still here were VERY talented.

Jesus Christ man...

If you want to run with a comment I made in jest by all means run with it. It was a joke - wasn’t meant to diminish what McEntire and Bulle achieved with the team. It also doesn’t change the fact that the roster, what was left of it, had a lot of top talent. Go back and read anything I wrote about them in the past couple of years, or listen to what I literally said about the talent level of the roster on the Roundup podcast. If it’s due diligence you’re looking for, I’ve literally been talking about this very thing for years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT