God Bless Kim Davis!!!

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
Kentucky clerk still won't issue same-sex marriage licenses
Published September 01, 2015
FoxNews.com

Gay-Marriage-Kentucky_Gupt-t.jpg

Aug. 18, 2015: Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis is still not issuing marriage licenses, invoking 'God's authority.' (AP)

A defiant Kentucky county clerk will face a federal judge on Thursday in a hearing about her refusal to issue marriage licenses to gay couples.

Rowan County Attorney Cecil Watkins says the federal court alerted him that a hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. Thursday in Ashland. Watkins says clerk Kim Davis is summonsed to attend, along with all the deputy clerks who work in her office.

Davis' office has steadfastly denied marriage licenses since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage this summer, and that practice continued Tuesday morning when at least two same-sex couples were denied as Davis invoked "God's authority."

After Davis initially stopped issuing marriage licenses, two gay couples and two straight couples sued her. A federal judge ordered her to issue the licenses, an appeals court upheld that decision and the Supreme Court on Monday declined to intervene in the case, seemingly leaving Davis with no legal ground to stand on.

But Davis has refused to issue the licenses, saying her deeply held Christian beliefs don't let her endorse gay marriages.

As an elected official, Davis can't be fired. Any impeachment of her would have to wait until the legislature's regular session next year or could come during a costly special session.

On Tuesday, Davis asked David Moore and David Ermold, a couple who has been rejected four times by her office, to leave. They refused, surrounded by reporters and cameras.

"We're not leaving until we have a license," Ermold said.

"Then you're going to have a long day," Davis told him.

From the back of the room, Davis' supporters said: "Praise the Lord! ... Stand your ground."

Other activists shouted that Davis is a bigot and told her: "Do your job."

On Tuesday morning, shortly after Davis' remarks, the sheriff's office cleared the county office of those gathered to support both sides of the issue.

The two groups lined up on either side of the courthouse entrance to chant at each other. Davis' supporters told her to "stand firm," while gay-rights activists shouted "do your job."

The rejected couples' supporters called the American Civil Liberties Union, which filed the lawsuit on their behalf. They asked that their attorneys file to have Davis held in contempt.

Randy Smith, leading the group supporting Davis, said he knows following their instruction to "stand firm" might mean Davis goes to jail.

"But at the end of the day, we have to stand before God, which has higher authority than the Supreme Court," he said.

Ermold hugged Moore, his partner of 17 years, and they cried and swayed as they left the clerk's office. Davis' supporters marched by, chanting.

"I feel sad, I feel devastated," Ermold said. "I feel like I've been humiliated on such a national level, I can't even comprehend it."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Flash, this is where Christians need to stand their ground and stand up for Jesus Christ!

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14 , KJV)

Flash, I wonder if there are any muslim county clerks out there? If so, I wonder if any homosexuals will demand of them a marriage license? Or, for that matter, I wonder if there are any muslim bakers, florists, etc.? I wonder if any homosexuals will demand of them a wedding cake, flowers, etc.?

BBJ, unfortunately the federal judge will ultimately win and force her to issue marriage licences but if I were her I would agree to issue them only after the Obama Administration enforces U S immigration Laws and Al Sharpton pays his millions of dollars in unpaid taxes dating back twelve years.....not one second sooner.

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
BBJ, unfortunately the federal judge will ultimately win and force her to issue marriage licences but if I were her I would agree to issue them only after the Obama Administration enforces U S immigration Laws and Al Sharpton pays his millions of dollars in unpaid taxes dating back twelve years.....not one second sooner.

Flash, if only what you proposed would happen!

BTW, my prediction is that Davis will ultimately be removed from office, will not be jailed, and will not be fined. They'll replace her with someone who will issue the licenses (to whoever). Sad, isn't it?

Flash, here's an interesting tweet I ran across imbedded in an article I read earlier this morning:

ab71ca2f-477c-4b73-aa26-445e84032b09_normal.JPG
Dan McLaughlin @baseballcrank

If elected Democrat Kim Davis was doing this to the death penalty, drug or immigration laws, or voter ID laws, they'd hail her as a hero.

Ted Cruz
15 hrs ·

Our nation was founded by men and women fleeing religious oppression. They sought out a new world where they could worship God Almighty with all their heart, mind, and soul.

Sadly, we’ve seen a war on faith break out across our nation, and we must be vigilant to protect the free exercise of religion -- a value enshrined in our Constitution.

We should make it possible for believers, such as Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis in Kentucky, to hold government jobs without having to violate their religious beliefs. We can work together to come up with alternative ways to ensure that government functions are accomplished without infringing on religious liberty.

‪#‎DefendReligiousLiberty‬: www.defendreligiousliberty.com

Defend Religious Liberty | Cruz for President
Take a stand in defense of religious liberty!
tedcruz.org

EXCLUSIVE: Kentucky Clerk: I am prepared to go to jail

By Todd Starnes

Published September 03, 2015
FoxNews.com

1441287657629.jpg

Sept. 1, 2015: Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis listens to a customer following her office's refusal to issue marriage licenses at the Rowan County Courthouse in Morehead, Ky. Although her appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court was denied, Davis still refuses to issue marriage licenses. (The Associated Press)

Kim Davis could become the first Christian in America jailed as a result of the Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage.

“I’ve weighed the cost and I’m prepared to go to jail, I sure am,” Mrs. Davis told me in an exclusive interview. “This has never been a gay or lesbian issue for me. This is about upholding the word of God.”

“This is a heaven or hell issue for me and for every other Christian that believes,” she said. “This is a fight worth fighting.”

I’m very steadfast in what I believe. I don’t leave my conscience and my Christian soul out in my vehicle and come in here and pretend to be something I’m not. It’s easy to talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?

- Kim Davis, clerk of Rowan County, Kentucky

Davis is the clerk of Rowan County, Ky. – a small patch of earth in the northeastern part of the state. She was elected last November – taking the place of her mother, who held the position for nearly 40 years.

It’s fair to say that issuing marriage licenses was something of a family business – until the day the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage.

Davis is a devout Apostolic Christian, and she knew that should gay marriage become legal, she could not and would not sign her name on a same-sex marriage certificate.

“I would have to either make a decision to stand or I would have to buckle down and leave,” she said, pondering her choices. “And if I left, resigned or chose to retire, I would have no voice for God’s word.

So when that day came, she issued an edict: No more marriage licenses would be issued in Rowan County. It was a decision that would bring down the wrath of militant LGBT activists and their supporters.

“They told my husband they were going to burn us down while we slept in our home,” she said. “He’s been told that he would be beaten up and tied up and made to watch them rape me. I have been told that gays should kill me.”

Liberty Counsel, the public interest law firm that represents Davis, says forcing her to issue same-sex marriage licenses violates her religious beliefs. But the courts don’t seem interested in that argument.

A federal judge ordered her to issue the licenses, an appeals court upheld that decision and the U.S. Supreme Court declined to intervene. Should Davis continue to defy the law, she could be fined or sent to jail.

No matter what the court decides, Davis says she will not violate her religious beliefs – and she will not resign her post.

“I’m very steadfast in what I believe,” she told me. “I don’t leave my conscience and my Christian soul out in my vehicle and come in here and pretend to be something I’m not. It’s easy to talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?”

The mainstream media and the activists have been ruthless. They’ve portrayed her as a monster – a right-wing, homophobic hypocrite. She’s been smeared by tabloid-style reports on her checkered past. They’ve written extensively about her failed marriages.

It’s true, she’s been married four times. But what’s missing in the mainstream media coverage is the context. Her life was radically changed by Jesus Christ in 2011, and since then she has become a different person.

“My God in heaven knows every crack, every crevice, every deep place in my heart,” she said. “And he knows the thoughts that are in my mind before I even think them. And he has given me such a beautiful and wonderful grace through all of this.”

She once lived for the devil, but now she lives for God. She’s a sinner saved by grace.

“I had created such a pit of sin for myself with my very own hands,” she told me.

So how does she handle the reporters and talking heads who call her a hypocrite?

“All I can say to them is if they have a sordid past like what I had, they too can receive the cleansing and renewing, and they can start a fresh life and they can be different,” she said. “They don’t have to remain in their sin, there’s hope for tomorrow.”

Davis did not seek the national spotlight. She had no intention of becoming a spokeswoman for religious liberty, and she bristles at the idea that she is a hero of the faith.

“I’m just a vessel God has chosen for this time and this place,” she said. “I’m no different than any other Christian. It was my appointed time to stand, and their time will come.”

Flash, if only what you proposed would happen!

BTW, my prediction is that Davis will ultimately be removed from office, will not be jailed, and will not be fined. They'll replace her with someone who will issue the licenses (to whoever). Sad, isn't it?

Flash, just heard a federal judge has ordered Davis to jail...unbelievable....

From the Wall Street Journal:

A federal judge on Tuesday ordered that a Kentucky county clerk who had refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples be released from jail and forbade her from interfering with her deputies, who have been providing licenses since Friday.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning jailed Kim Davis, the Rowan County clerk, for contempt last week after she repeatedly defied his order to issue licenses to all eligible couples, gay or straight. He then secured a commitment from five of her deputy clerks that they would grant the licenses in her absence. The deputies began issuing them on Friday.

On Tuesday, a group of plaintiffs who had sued Ms. Davis filed a report confirming that they had succeeded in obtaining licenses, prompting Judge Bunning to order Ms. Davis released.

“The court is therefore satisfied that the Rowan County Clerk’s Office is fulfilling its obligation to issue marriage licenses to all legally eligible couples, consistent with the U.S. Supreme Court’s holding” in June, declaring a constitutional right to same-sex marriage, Judge Bunning wrote.

But he issued a warning to Ms. Davis. She “shall not interfere in any way, directly or indirectly, with the efforts of her deputy clerks to issue marriage licenses to all legally eligible couples,” Judge Bunning wrote. If she “should interfere in any way with their issuance, that will be considered a violation of this Order and appropriate sanctions will be considered.”

BBJ, using their rationale, I say Bunning should be arrested for interfering with official business. The state Attorney General should tell Bunning which cases he will have today and what he will rule - and if he refuses send in the Highway Patrol to arrest him until he rules the way the AG wants.

Ridiculous, liberals would say. But, you mean it's only okay for one branch - the unelected one - to interfere with the other two? BBJ, somehow I'm guessing that's not how this nation was intended to work.

Flash, you're right, that's not the way it was intended to work by our Founding Fathers. The three branches of government were designed to be co-equal and serve as checks-and-balances on each other. Clearly, the SCOTUS usurped their Constitutional authority when they struck down the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), and then ruled earlier this year that homosexuals can now be legally "married." We both know that this was a constitutional overreach by the unelected lawyers, and this is now playing out with serious ramifications that will only worsen as time goes on.

The judiciary branch needs to be reigned in by the legislative branch (as does the executive branch). The judiciary branch was not designed to create law; rather, to rule on the constitutionality of laws. Only the legislative branch can create laws, which are then ultimately approved by the executive branch. Clearly, Obama has violated the Constitution by issuing unlawful executive orders, while ignoring laws hehooses not to enforce (immigration, welfare, etc.) and changing laws (Obamacare) at his own whims.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT