ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Games of interest...

Got to think that helps our RPI. Memphis was 6-1. Not sure who they have played though.

Western loses to the worst team in the SEC. That'll bring down the conference rpi

whats with our conference and the horrible OOC losses? EKU has beaten both Marshall & WKU who are supposed to be some of the better teams in the conference.

UAB better take care of business against Auburn tonight.

Auburn beat UAB in Birmingham 74-70

Vandy loses to Minnesota 56-52

wku lost to Missouri 59-56

tnstate squeaked by lipscomb 72-71

belmont beat pepperdine on the road 85-77

murray state beat Detroit 86-76

Auburn beat UAB in Birmingham 74-70

Vandy loses to Minnesota 56-52

wku lost to Missouri 59-56
Safe to say we will probably not being seeing a whole lot of black and gold on Thursday... 4-4? Not good. Hopefully the Glass House is full, with BLUE!

Reactions: MT Glenn
Hell vandy couldn't get more than a couple hundred fans a few miles down to Bridgestone the last time we beat their sorry asses.

As for the happening at the UTEP game: There was a time in the not so distance past that I would have participated in such a protest against Davis. Gotta give the Miner fans props for not accepting mediocrity.

As for the happening at the UTEP game: There was a time in the not so distance past that I would have participated in such a protest against Davis. Gotta give the Miner fans props for not accepting mediocrity.
I personally thought Davis should have gotten fired the year when we lost to Houston Baptist in the last game of the year. HB was the worst team in college basketball that year.

However, I believe the recruiting class of Knight, Massey, Cintron and Dendy proved to be what saved Kermit's job and changed the direction of this program.

Reactions: MTsumner92
What in the heck is wrong with the conference in basketball? It's getting to be ridiculous. If MT can continue to have success, simply playing our conf schedule will wreck MT's RPI.

This is as good as any place as any to bring up that I'm starting to think C-USA needs new and better leadership from the conf commish.

What in the heck is wrong with the conference in basketball? It's getting to be ridiculous. If MT can continue to have success, simply playing our conf schedule will wreck MT's RPI.

This is as good as any place as any to bring up that I'm starting to think C-USA needs new and better leadership from the conf commish.

yep, IIRC, MT back in 2013 had a low 20s, RPI, and still only managed to squeak in, with a lot of grief nationally, all the while, and we placed in the play in games in Dayton. It is always going to be a tough ordeal, to be considered for an at-large.

Reactions: bluefutcpa

That's THE question. I think we have 5 teams sub-300 in RPI right now and like 10 that are nearly sub-200. Quite frankly it's pathetic. We're at RPI #8 and SOS #5 right now but it'll tank once we start playing all the terribly-ranked teams in our own conference. I wish we could be in the A-10 or Big East or something for basketball. (Pipe dream, I know, but it's like we're playing in D2 for hoops.)

I imagine it may not be the cure all, but some more stringent scheduling standards just might be in order for the conf. Admittedly, most C-USA teams aren't even winning the "winnable" games they're playing for the most part. Regardless, any help even if small improvement in the overall conf RPI rating would be beneficial and a step in the right direction.

In the early going, it seems Rice, ODU, and Charlotte are likely teams that will be competitors once the conf race starts. Of course, UAB and Marshall will likely still be a tough team in conference. It's seems difficult to get a good read on LaTech at this point. As for the usually successful WKU, I guess they are in rebuilding mode???

yep, IIRC, MT back in 2013 had a low 20s, RPI, and still only managed to squeak in, with a lot of grief nationally, all the while, and we placed in the play in games in Dayton. It is always going to be a tough ordeal, to be considered for an at-large.
After what we did to MSU I don't think we will ever get another play in seed as long as Kermit is there.

Speaking of overall conference direction. It was always somewhat of a head scratcher during conf realignment when C-USA went after FIU & FAU before MT & WKU. Despite UNT lack of recent success, at least they've had some success in football and bball along the way. Of course, UNT along with FIU & FAU appeared to fit the bill of large universities in large media markets. Media markets seemed important considering the renewal of media rights. How much it actually did or didn't help, who could say? As it is now, the conf decisions at that time seem to hurting the conf. Particularly, the decisions for FAU & FIU seem to hurt the conf.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT