ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL FWIW, CNM on WNSR 3-22-23

the team will be traveling this summer to Europe and a trip during the early season, around Thanksgiving, to the Bahamas.

Maybe we'll have a player or two signed by then. It's crazy we still don't have a single commitment in this class.

Kingaling, what are your thoughts towards CNM's primary recruiting direction this year? I know there will be tons of experienced college players in the portal this year. And we may have some excellent opportunities there, but personally I hope we still go primarily after the quality high school athletes while using the portal for minimal recruiting. Wouldn't mind 1 or 2 from the portal though. With the P5's head over heels for portal transfers still feel this provides the side benefit of allowing more quality high school recruiting than ever before to schools like ours.

My guess if they will continue to identify the best players they can get- some of that will certainly be in the transfer portal but I know they're still looking at some HS guys too.. looking for that balance in certain positions but all of these kids want to play right away.. some positions they need that, some positions they may need a kid that is a year or so away if that makes sense..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT