ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL FWIW, ALL Bowls are on

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
excerpt:

... There was no way of knowing which bowls would be played, much less trying to predict who would go where.

All that changed last week, however, when the Pac-12, Mountain West and MAC announced their returns (on the heels of the Big Ten), and the NCAA Football Oversight Committee officially signed off on waiving bowl eligibility requirements for this year.

So, does that mean all 41 scheduled bowls be played this season?

“Absolutely,” Football Bowl Association Executive Director Nick Carparelli said Monday. “With all the conferences playing, (the NCAA waiver) is not necessarily to ensure enough teams are available, but just to ensure the conferences can fulfill their agreements without having to worry about which teams are .500 or better.”

And let me tell you something: Having now gone through this exercise for the first time this year, there will be some well-below .500 teams participating. In fact, the SEC and ACC, depending on how many New Year’s Six berths they receive, could send nearly their entire leagues to bowl games. I have 13 SEC teams, and one of the matchups I projected would pit 4-7 Florida State against 2-8 Vanderbilt. I’m not kidding.....

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
wonder if we will be bowl eligible
images

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Honestly.......If this current bunch of admins and coaching staff has the arrogance and hubris to accept a bowl bid with a losing record, they can remove my name from whatever remaining phone or email list they still use to contact me.

I agree. I don't even think a 6-6 team should be in a bowl. Much less losing record. APR or Covid or not. Period. Grow some gumption CM. There. Edited to be nicer.

I seriously doubt this team would have gotten a bowl even if we get to six wins. The league only has four bowl ties this year and given the bowls will have the option to select a 3 win SEC team they would take that over us once the other four (or five C-USA teams are placed).

EDITED: Modifying this post, because I misread the C-USA release. There are seven-contracted bowls for C-USA (now down to five). My apologies.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBlueBrad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT