ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Four years ago on this date

What memories; "For one shining moment" MT was on top of the entire sports world!!!

The one thing that struck me then and still sticks with me today is that after beating the team that was the most favored to win the national championship that year, there wasn't a single person on that team that acted like they just did something improbable. Just about every other team that has accomplished a major upset in the NCAA tournament acts like they just won the national title in that one game. Not those guys.

Every single player on that team knew they were good enough to win that game and thought they could win that game before it started. I'm pretty sure they were the only ones. And yet when they did it they acted like this was good, but we have more business to do. That was really impressionable to me for some reason.

Reactions: C-Bow and Hop45
I have really enjoyed the trip down memory lane that MT Twitter has provided today. However, it's depressing thinking of where this team was 4 years ago compared to now.

That's the MT fan in us. The greatest moment in our program's history seems like forever ago, and it was just 4 years ago!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to the entire game - Watched it with the better half (she rarely watches games on TV) on the 4K TV via roku (twice - so far). Very good quality (and I enjoyed not having time-outs, half-time, and commercials).

I was amazed, in retrospect, how well we played throughout the game. And once again my apologies to Raymond. I had often been critical of him during his career but damn, he played a good game as I was reminded of once again.

My only disappointment during this stretch is never making the 2nd weekend, which would be huge. Just really bad draws for the 2nd game each time we have won the first game going back to the win over UK. A hump I'm afraid we'll never see us go over.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT