ADVERTISEMENT

Former Blue Raider now a Harlem Globetrotter!

oliver1950-T

Blue Raider Fan
Nov 24, 2005
This may have been posted in the past but I ran across Moose Weekes on the globetrotters the other night. I remember him playing for the blue raiders as Alex weekes.
pretty cool!

Reactions: MT Glenn
I can see Eli being a future globetrotter! He is becoming quite a show with his dance moves prior to tip-off and his helicopter slam at the end of the game. He would have had a hard time playing for Kermit. Not sure who would have killed each other first…. Have to say I enjoy his game!

• Haha
Reactions: Blue_H and C-Bow
That’s really cool. One of Alex’s teammates, Jonathan “Helicopter” Humphrey also did some acrobatic basketball with some other outfits.

Yeah Hump was a finalist for the NCAA slam dunk competition Prior to the final 4 one year. He could jump out if the gym and was only about 6’2 !

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Alex is a good guy and super athletic, has always been phenomenal with kids- he transferred to UNC Asheville from MTSU along with Bryan Smithson but Alex only sat out the transfer year before life outside of basketball pulled him away from D1 ball- he transferred in part because CKD wouldn't let him grow/wear his hair out and he was tired of plaiting his hair.. he stayed in the Avl area and we dominated local rec leagues before he got back on track professionally.. still lived in Asheville until a couple years back when he went back down to GA.. always great to see someone doing well despite a rough patch of life..

Brian was a baller. I hated to see him go. Sat by his father a few times ... I remember vividly the Wyoming game...around 2003.

Bryan Smithson and Tommy Gunn shot lights out that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT