ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tickets

Jan 7, 2015
I don't believe I am ready to commit to buying my whole family football season tickets. However, I would like to try out a game or two this upcoming season. What is the most affordable way to make a few games without buying season tickets? I have a family of 5 if that helps.

The athletic dept will be having special promotions throughout the season. Many of these are well worth the $$$s for a family. IIRC something like 4 end zone tickets along with a couple of items from the concession stand for each ticket for $10.00 each. Hope I'm not too far off in this example. Check the athletic dept web. site (GoblueRaiders.com) or listen to Chip's "Blue Raider Report" (on Monte's show - Chip's segment is on at approx. 5:30 each day - WGNS) throughout the season.

As an aside: I'm glad you are wanting to attend MT games and at the same time want to save money for your family. I get it, I really do. But, to this long term season ticket holder in both FB and BkB the promotions devalue my season ticket purchases. It is really frustrating to see that the only things one gets from buying season tickets, along with knowing you are helping the program, is a reserved seat and not having to stand in line. MT is, as far as I know, the only athletic dept dept. where if one buys tickets to every event at the lowest price available on game day they will save a considerable amount of money compared to season tickets. That, to quote my favorite uncle, Just ain't right.

I am a firm believer that the most loyal of your customers (fans) should be the ones that benefit the most from your promotions. I have heard more fans complain they do not receive a Blackout shirt when they have purchased a ticket for the game, abet it is one from their season ticket package. It should not matter.
Add $10.00 to the price of season tickets and give those fans a free Blackout shirt for purchasing a season ticket plus any other major promotion that is offered during the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT