ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Football reports for Fall Camp

It's an encouraging article. I want to be excited and I want to believe this team can win a championship.

But I have been fooled and disappointed one too many times. I'll believe it when I see it.

CUSA is going to have so much more parity than most people realize in my opinion. Everyone is going to be beating everyone. It's possible we can take it this year but it's going to be messy and ugly for whoever wins it IMO. I like NMSU to surprise people, especially when playing at home in Las Cruces. It's hard to travel west like that and win a football game against a team as physical as they are.

Last edited:
It's an encouraging article. I want to be excited and I want to believe this team can win a championship.

But I have been fooled and disappointed one too many times. I'll believe it when I see it.

CUSA is going to have so much more parity than most people realize in my opinion. Everyone is going to be beating everyone. It's possible we can take it this year but it's going to be messy and ugly for whoever wins it IMO. I like NMSU to surprise people, especially when playing at home in Las Cruces. It's hard to travel west like that and win a football game against a team as physical as they are.
It's that time of year, when positive news blows strong like a hurricane from that corner of campus. Always. Never fails. But then the season starts and it's deja vu, again.

Hope is a good thing. A conference championship is far better.

It’s fun to talk about because I don’t think they will be that good.

It's that time of year, when positive news blows strong like a hurricane from that corner of campus. Always. Never fails. But then the season starts and it's deja vu, again.

Hope is a good thing. A conference championship is far better.

Yea I know. It's why I'm not expecting more than the usual 6-6 record. The hope and excitement and offensive line improvement talk will quickly turn into injuries and unfortunate circumstances. Remember when Tony Franklin was here and wouldn't shut up about how improved the OL was....and then they came out and looked terrible.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Stock was just interviewed on XM radio's Full Ride with Chris Childers & Rick Neuheisel. One of Stock's smoother & less stiff interviews. Basically talked about the sad state of affairs that football has become from realignment due to tv money negotiations.

Listened to CM on Go5G. Says he feels confident with our future in realignment. Believes we should be in the 2nd group from the P4, I agree, and that some ACC schools will fall as well, I agree.

Noticed he specifically did not say we feel at home or comfortable in CUSA as he has said before. Did say CUSA has room to expand numbers wise and that could be a benefit down the road.

Listened to CM on Go5G. Says he feels confident with our future in realignment. Believes we should be in the 2nd group from the P4, I agree, and that some ACC schools will fall as well, I agree.

Noticed he specifically did not say we feel at home or comfortable in CUSA as he has said before. Did say CUSA has room to expand numbers wise and that could be a benefit down the road.
What’s the sweet spot for number of teams in the league? I say 12

Basically talked about the sad state of affairs that football has become from realignment due to tv money negotiations.

I completely agree about the pathetic state of affairs CFB has become. It's not even a shell of itself anymore. I could write a dissertation on my disdain for what college sports is becoming.

However...

It is concerning to continue to hear Stockstill complain about the new landscape in CFB. We are gonna get passed by even more quickly if he's going to live in the past and gripe and complain about the present and future. What happened last year or 20 years ago doesn't matter anymore. You have to adapt and adapt now and learn how to win in the current environment. I'm pretty skeptical about this staffs ability to do that. I like our coordinators, but I really question some of these older assistant position coaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Mitch Stewart was on the Go5G. It was the first time I've really listened to him. He's very personable and outgoing. SS is as well.

Others, I agree need to go. The old ways aren't the way anymore.

Old guys who are trying to hang on, in any field of endeavor, need to move on. There are days that go long or are particulary stessful that your body and mind doesn't react like it did in younger days.

Old guys who are trying to hang on, in any field of endeavor, need to move on. There are days that go long or are particulary stessful that your body and mind doesn't react like it did in younger days.

I don't have an issue with age. I consider the ability to perform. How good are they at their job? Unfortunately, this university has average or below-average employees in the wrong places.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT