ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four

One of my favorite new shows is "Yellowjackets", & from the looks of the ladies latest courtside demeanor it must be a favorite of their's as well. Eat or be eaten seems to be a popular motto this postseason. Case in point, like it or dislike it the women's game definitely evolved this post season with more angst, attitude, & in your face behavior than the men have shown in years. Sight the following examples. 1) Hailey Van Lith of Louisville gets into it post game with Texas guard Sonya Morris for some reason, but at least there was no physical fight. 2) Jamirah Shukes of Memphis coldcock knocks a Bowling Green player out post game on the opposing team's home court in Ohio, & gets charged with assault. 3) Caitlin Clark classlessly pulls the John Cena "can't see me" move over Louisville followed the next game by hand waving off SC's Raven Johnson as if she's not even worthy of her taking time to guard. Very cold & disrespectful. & 4) Reese of LSU then chases after Clark post game trying to pick a fight using her same gestures for things Clark did in games that didn't even involve Reese in their own game. As a note, all of these incidents happened within a couple weeks of each other. Makes me wonder if the combining of NIL & transfer portal has unleashed a sense of freedom, & a torrent of pent up hostilities that women felt they weren't getting their proper respect in the past. The only problem is they're taking those new feelings out on each other in full attack mode. I believe that unless the NCAA institutes a "code of conduct" policy towards player behavior this could be only the tip of the iceberg.
Unless some NCAA or individual team controls are set in place I anticipate we could soon be seeing Bobby Knight chair throwing not just across the court in women's basketball, but towards each other's benches along with some flying hair extensions at mid court. On all of this conjecture I certainly hope I'm wrong going forward, but personally I can't ever remember a postseason for women's basketball antics like the aforementioned.

That game was just a total disaster on all fronts. I mean, Mulkey literally shoved a ref and didn't even get a warning lmao.

Regardless of how you feel about the whole Angel Reese taunting for a minute straight issue, the refs should have kept this game in check... or been good, at all... which they weren't. I just hate that the focus is on this drama (and honestly, it's really disgusting reading Twitter -- so many tweets dripping in racist tropes from every which way you look). LSU played incredible and are deserving winners after people crapped on their strength of schedule. FAU is another good example of that, minus the win.

So FAU just signed May to an extension. 10yrs starting at $1.5m and going up. Extremely bonus laden.

One thinks holy cow...10 years. It's another Stockstill contract. But here is the kicker. His buyout starts at $1.5m and goes down.

So FAU just signed May to an extension. 10yrs starting at $1.5m and going up. Extremely bonus laden.

One thinks holy cow...10 years. It's another Stockstill contract. But here is the kicker. His buyout starts at $1.5m and goes down.

They did this with Kiffin too

Last edited:
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Nice contract for May. In tax friendly Florida a $1.25 million contract with annual escalation is probably equivalent to > $2 million annual contract in numerous other states. Personally I thought Dusty would be gone by now. Concerning the contract length, your right that's an extremely long one. But with their large enrollment FAU has far more money to dish around than schools like MT. I dislike those 5+ year contracts, but after making it through the gauntlet to the Final 4 with mostly sophomores & juniors it's hard to call foul on FAU's decision.

Nice contract for May. In tax friendly Florida a $1.25 million contract with annual escalation is probably equivalent to > $2 million annual contract in numerous other states. Personally I thought Dusty would be gone by now. Concerning the contract length, your right that's an extremely long one. But with their large enrollment FAU has far more money to dish around than schools like MT. I dislike those 5+ year contracts, but after making it through the gauntlet to the Final 4 with mostly sophomores & juniors it's hard to call foul on FAU's decision.
Honestly they should have lost to Memphis. It was a great run but I would be worried if we did that (which I’d expect us to do a lifetime contract if that happened to us). I have a feeling they will regret this.

Besides as ewglenn just alluded to, if somebody really wants him they have the money to overcome the above contract FAU just set. And if Dusty does fall on his face in the next 10 years at least they got a Final 4. With MT's extended Stock contract we got a New Orleans, Bahamas & Hawaii Bowl. I think I would take the Final 4 every time. WKU still talks about their 1970 Final 4 run 50 years after the fact. Doubt if we'll be talking about our bowl victories in 5 years

Honestly they should have lost to Memphis. It was a great run but I would be worried if we did that (which I’d expect us to do a lifetime contract if that happened to us). I have a feeling they will regret this.
But that's the thing. If they do regret it in 3yrs, so what. Buyout then will be even less than $1.5m. Even we could swing that buyout. It isn't the ridiculous $6m Stock has.

This is how contracts should be. Incentive laden with a low buyout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT