ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Email I got from Massaro (Blue Raider Athletics)

blueraiderJT

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2006
BTW, I've never seen Massaro be apologetic, beg for fans to come back and say that we won't be as bad in the future. That was weird. I think they are totally aware of the situation we now seem to be in. They aren't delusional about the status anymore. Here's what he said.....

"On behalf of the entire Department of Athletics, I would like to personally thank the 26,717 fans who attended our game on Sept. 2 against Vanderbilt. I was proud and pleased to see so many in attendance, the seventh-largest crowd in Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium history, and it is a scene that we can certainly repeat more often. Our staff worked very hard to provide a great game day experience and I trust your visit, other than the score, was very enjoyable.

While the game did not turn out as we wanted, we hope that doesn’t deter you from attending more games this fall. Coach Stockstill and his football club are hard at work to improve their performance as we prepare for the away game against Syracuse this weekend. I know this will be a fun Blue Raider team to watch, with dynamic playmakers on both sides of the ball. We will build upon the lessons of last week and produce the special season we all want.

We hope you enjoyed the game atmosphere and some of the improvements we made inside and outside of Floyd Stadium. Our new electronic ribbon boards were a great addition and it is our goal to use them to provide more real-time statistics from the game and scores from around the country. Our pre-game environment with tailgating in the Greenland parking lot, Walnut Grove and all over campus, was off the charts. It was the best I can remember.

Our new concept of the pregame hospitality garden on the Hall of Fame lawn, as well as the concert by Mixtape 80’s, was a huge hit. We will do this again for our Blackout Game versus Marshall on ESPN2 on Friday, Oct. 20. We encourage you to join in the fun at Floyd for this, and every, game.

Again, thank you for your attendance last week. I hope to see another great crowd at Floyd on Sept. 23 when we line up against Bowling Green and welcome new freshmen and parents for our annual Family Weekend festivities. This is Our Town, Our Team, and your continued support not only bolsters our coaches and players but also underscores how our athletics program adds value and pride to our community and region."

Go Blue Raiders!

Chris Massaro
Director of Athletics
Middle Tennessee State University

I appreciated the email...it was the right move. And besides the score, it was a great day. We have a lot to offer.

Reactions: C-Bow
At least it looks like they might be trying. Maybe. Also looks like they might have acquired someone from the Preds FO on loan to help with that. Not a bad thing, the Preds have a great Fan Relations team.

BTW, I've never seen Massaro be apologetic, beg for fans to come back and say that we won't be as bad in the future. That was weird. I think they are totally aware of the situation we now seem to be in. They aren't delusional about the status anymore. Here's what he said.....

"On behalf of the entire Department of Athletics, I would like to personally thank the 26,717 fans who attended our game on Sept. 2 against Vanderbilt. I was proud and pleased to see so many in attendance, the seventh-largest crowd in Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium history, and it is a scene that we can certainly repeat more often. Our staff worked very hard to provide a great game day experience and I trust your visit, other than the score, was very enjoyable.

While the game did not turn out as we wanted, we hope that doesn’t deter you from attending more games this fall. Coach Stockstill and his football club are hard at work to improve their performance as we prepare for the away game against Syracuse this weekend. I know this will be a fun Blue Raider team to watch, with dynamic playmakers on both sides of the ball. We will build upon the lessons of last week and produce the special season we all want.

We hope you enjoyed the game atmosphere and some of the improvements we made inside and outside of Floyd Stadium. Our new electronic ribbon boards were a great addition and it is our goal to use them to provide more real-time statistics from the game and scores from around the country. Our pre-game environment with tailgating in the Greenland parking lot, Walnut Grove and all over campus, was off the charts. It was the best I can remember.

Our new concept of the pregame hospitality garden on the Hall of Fame lawn, as well as the concert by Mixtape 80’s, was a huge hit. We will do this again for our Blackout Game versus Marshall on ESPN2 on Friday, Oct. 20. We encourage you to join in the fun at Floyd for this, and every, game.

Again, thank you for your attendance last week. I hope to see another great crowd at Floyd on Sept. 23 when we line up against Bowling Green and welcome new freshmen and parents for our annual Family Weekend festivities. This is Our Town, Our Team, and your continued support not only bolsters our coaches and players but also underscores how our athletics program adds value and pride to our community and region."

Go Blue Raiders!

Chris Massaro
Director of Athletics
Middle Tennessee State University
Great move by Massaro.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT