ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Early Signing Period thread

Boots said many times that his guys typically had less injuries vs 1A teams than they did playing 1AA teams

So he says, well we have been a 1A team for 19 years...so our guys are just about the same size as the P5 guys. I call BS on it, :)

James was lost for the season against Marshall. Stock was hurt in 2015 and 2015 against CUSA teams.

So he says, well we have been a 1A team for 19 years...so our guys are just about the same size as the P5 guys. I call BS on it, :)

Our lines aren't, hell our lines can't dominate G5 teams. I'm tired of seeing our guys being pushed around like rag dolls by our own conference mates. I want some damn water buffalo that can't be pushed around but do the pushing.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
Our lines aren't, hell our lines can't dominate G5 teams. I'm tired of seeing our guys being pushed around like rag dolls by our own conference mates. I want some damn water buffalo that can't be pushed around but do the pushing.
Exactly my frustration. Big dudes up front on both sides of the ball are the key to any football team.

I heard him say that too, but never figured out his reasoning.

Boots' reasoning was pretty simple: When a 1-AA (at the time) was playing a Illinois, a top 10 Nebraska, or a #1 FSU players knew they had to give 100% on each and every play or they would get embarrassed, they could't give less than their best or take a play off.
Boots believed (or at least stated) that players tend to get hurt when they are not giving their best every play.

Boots reasoning actually makes sense. I’ve just always heard it said that P5 lineman are bigger (I hate the whole P5 and G5 thing by the way) and push around more leading to more injuries.

I’ve never played the game though so I honestly wouldn’t know.

Boots reasoning actually makes sense. I’ve just always heard it said that P5 lineman are bigger (I hate the whole P5 and G5 thing by the way) and push around more leading to more injuries.

I’ve never played the game though so I honestly wouldn’t know.

But they are not marginally bigger. So we may average 300 and they average 310. This is nothing.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Boots' reasoning was pretty simple: When a 1-AA (at the time) was playing a Illinois, a top 10 Nebraska, or a #1 FSU players knew they had to give 100% on each and every play or they would get embarrassed, they could't give less than their best or take a play off.
Boots believed (or at least stated) that players tend to get hurt when they are not giving their best every play.
Yes, exactly

Well we lost our QB vs. Syracuse and our top WR vs. Minny the next week. The good news this year is that we aren't back to back to back OOC P5's. UK is in November when we usually play better..

Well we lost our QB vs. Syracuse and our top WR vs. Minny the next week. The good news this year is that we aren't back to back to back OOC P5's. UK is in November when we usually play better..[/QUOT

Both plays had nothing to do with P5s. BS was hit late by a big guy jumping on top of him, the hit he took against UTSA the year before was more vicious. RJ was hurt running the ball and severely sprained his ankle / could have happened against anyone and them Marshall DB crushed him when he came back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT