ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Departures

Good luck to Jarrin. I wonder if he's been told he has good prospects in the NFL.

He was a senior. He doesn't have any more eligibility. This was just a post more about being thankful for the opportunity and reflecting on his time here at MT.

He has NFL hands but I just don't think the speed and route running ability is there. We've had much better receivers in my opinion that never even really got a chance in the NFL (Anthony Amos, Kerry Wright come to mind). Kerry was in camp with the Colts we all know but never really got a real chance and was quickly cut after his minor injury.

Hope I'm wrong and he's welcome to prove me wrong. It's very difficult to crack a roster in the NFL at the receiver position. Richie James is sitting on a practice squad right now and he's amazing.

Hey, even practice squad guys can pull close to 1/4 million a year. Absolutely they want to be on a roster but even squad guys are making a good living. Can't fault anyone for wanting that.

Hey, even practice squad guys can pull close to 1/4 million a year. Absolutely they want to be on a roster but even squad guys are making a good living. Can't fault anyone for wanting that.

Practice squad pays that much now??

I thought it was $2000 per week during season only

Practice squad pays that much now??

I thought it was $2000 per week during season only
up to 14k a week in season tenured guys and rookies and low accrued guys are at 8.4k a week. here is a link to future salaries......https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-practice-squad-salaries-rules-2021/1wt851t0mlm9c1amafmqrx6dll

Likely 5th to 7th rounder, depending on pro workouts

i would be very surprised if he is drafted and/or makes a 53 man roster. He will get UDFA’d somewhere I’m sure but I don’t see anything beyond that.

he’s welcome to prove me wrong and I hope he does. Would love to see him playing on sundays.

Reactions: crclarke55
He was a senior. He doesn't have any more eligibility. This was just a post more about being thankful for the opportunity and reflecting on his time here at MT.

He has NFL hands but I just don't think the speed and route running ability is there. We've had much better receivers in my opinion that never even really got a chance in the NFL (Anthony Amos, Kerry Wright come to mind). Kerry was in camp with the Colts we all know but never really got a real chance and was quickly cut after his minor injury.

Hope I'm wrong and he's welcome to prove me wrong. It's very difficult to crack a roster in the NFL at the receiver position. Richie James is sitting on a practice squad right now and he's amazing.
Richie has also been injured too.

an FCS team that averages 50k. home game, and more media presence than most G5 schools
Not quite, but also not bad for a FCS school.
0 - @ FAMU game not reported
46,171 - TSU in Memphis
21,720 - @ ULM
33,652 - Delta St
21,835 - @ Ala. A&M
53,578 - Ala. St.
26,428 - Bethune-Cookman
10,000 - @ Miss. Valley St.
31,078 - TX Southern
25,379 - @ Southern Univ
58,892 - Alcorn St.
50,128 - Prairie View
48,653 - S. Carolina St. in Atlanta

Last edited:
Bad take. When is the last time MTSU had 50,000 at a home game? They also had three games on ESPN National networks last year which I am sure drew more viewers than any MTSU game
Agreed.

I doubt most casual fans could tell the difference between MTSU and FCS.

There are the P5 schools and then everyone else.

Bingo. Up here where hardly anyone knows Middle, it is really prevalent. If it wasn't for the fact we play Marshall regularly and that people here pay attention to that, most wouldn't know my MT decals on my truck from an FCS school.

I guarantee though that more people would know a Jackson State decal.

Bingo. Up here where hardly anyone knows Middle, it is really prevalent. If it wasn't for the fact we play Marshall regularly and that people here pay attention to that, most wouldn't know my MT decals on my truck from an FCS school.

I guarantee though that more people would know a Jackson State decal.
Not up until Deion started coaching them.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Prime was in that Aflac commercial with Nick Saban. Not FIU's coach or Stockstill, You are not out recruiting Prime. Prime also got the no.1 ranked player in the nation, a 5 star to go to his "FCS" school. JSU will be a juggernaught either this year or next. He's building a legacy culture there. We can't sell 4k much less 48k. Neither could most of those other schools in the running.

The P5 won't let that continue. How long before the ncaa finds violations and slaps the program with probation?
The water is too murky now with NIL sweepstakes. Everyone is playing by different rules, even the FCS and G5 who have businesses willing to contract with their players. Trying to prove that a coach set up anything is gonna be hard.

I tend to think P5’s response to success in the G5 or FCS will be to buy it. I suspect Coach Prime will be at a P5 school in 2023, maybe even Florida state if Norvell doesn’t have a good season.

Prime just picked up the #4 WR in the country, today on National TV during the AA Bowl. Just more exposure for the FCS HBCU, wouldn't be surprised if their not in CUSA soon.

HBCU games got it going on. Gotta give props to their game days. Good for Neon Deion. I would love to be invited to the bbq.

but hey, you can get a tshirt from a zombie if you eat lunch in the University Center.

I tend to think P5’s response to success in the G5 or FCS will be to buy it. I suspect Coach Prime will be at a P5 school in 2023, maybe even Florida state if Norvell doesn’t have a good season.
I don’t think he will stay long at JSU. FSU is the likely goal.

I don’t think he will stay long at JSU. FSU is the likely goal.

Exactly. Deion will be long gone here soon and JSU will be back to being JSU. I don't see all of these highly rated players staying at JSU. They will quickly grow tired of hearing how they're up against inferior competition, plus the opportunity for much more NIL money at other places (Ya'll seen what Texas is doing for their OL?! It's beginning....). I just don't see this lasting for more than a season or two. I also don't believe Deion is a very good coach and things have the potential to go sour there fast despite all the talent they've amassed (anyone else see South Carolina State clown them on national TV?). I greatly worry about a lack of discipline.

And Jurriente Davis just burned his 1 free transfer to JSU to play for a coach that very likely won't be there for his entire career. Clown move IMO, but his right to choose.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I had someone tell me the other day that Prime is recruiting for his next job (FSU) and not for JSU.

Probably right. Watch him get hired and BOOM. Transfers galore.

I had someone tell me the other day that Prime is recruiting for his next job (FSU) and not for JSU.

Probably right. Watch him get hired and BOOM. Transfers galore.

Mmhmm. All the high schoolers that can sign can go without sitting out.

Meanwhile.....Jurriente is basically stuck there

I wonder if Mobley wants a change of scenery or he is being recruited over

I wonder if Mobley wants a change of scenery or he is being recruited over

Probably not happy with his playing time. He was buried on the depth chart and didn't play much this season. I would have liked to see him get more snaps personally he seemed to always be one of our best RB's.

I would leave if I was him too. This staff doesn't seem to trust him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT