ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware expected to join C-USA in 2025

I don't understand this desire to add and dilute revenue. No one brings additional revenue to the table. All we're doing is hurting ourselves as a league.
In my mind the only schools that would bring revenue would be the Dakotas. Otherwise, I agree.

If we do ever expand, they should be our focus and go to 16 and stop. Create pods, unique scheduling and in-conference playoff for champ. Be different to grab that additional revenue. Imagine rivalry week, which for most G5's doesn't matter, being play in games for our conference champ. Thinking outside the box like that is what we need. Don't add just to add.

Reactions: magaraider
We seem to forget who the CUSA conference commissioner is.
Judy has nailed every move since almost folding imo. The TV contract is solid, JSU/KSU(maybe)/Liberty/NMSU/Delaware are all good adds, moving BB championship to Huntsville, DBU for baseball. I’m hoping Chris does the same thing because honestly I’m liking what Judy is doing.

Last edited:
F_9phspX0AEbh8Y.jpg

Liberty, Jax St, WKU, New Mexico St. & now Delaware. CDM has plenty of work ahead of him.

Still having a hard time understanding why the AAC did not want us but in the near term our conference is going to be fine. Glad we don’t have to face the army/navy option game each year and we are really going to like the conference basketball tournament in Huntsville!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT