ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware expected to join C-USA in 2025

Crazy distance wise from NMSU, but that hasn't stopped any of this mess. But still, only 5hrs from Liberty.

There are absolutely worse schools to pick. In the last 6yrs they've made the playoffs 4 times and have a conf champ, so at least they are competitive on the FCS level. Just upgraded their stadium too.

Reactions: ewglenn
Anyone want to take me up on a $10,000 bet that Delaware will win a C-USA title before we do?
No No No GIF

Not unless all FOUR are gone.

Delaware is better optically than some school I have to google to find out where they are. I'm fine with this, it builds some better perceived credibility.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Hopefully we don't go past 12 schools. I would have preferred to stay smaller but anything over 12 is too many for a g5 conference.

My concern is future alignment. I can see a possible Liberty/Delaware deal, say to another (Sun Belt) conference as replacements/additions instead of an MT/WKU grouping.

• Sad
Reactions: RaiderDeez
My concern is future alignment. I can see a possible Liberty/Delaware deal, say to another (Sun Belt) conference as replacements/additions instead of an MT/WKU grouping.
I’ve worried about that too but that’s just a reality of the G5 world. I’d be very happy if we filled #12 with Missouri State. I think the most realistic teams to move on would be NMSU/UTEP if the MWC is raided by the PAC2. Personally I’m liking the new look CUSA.

I'd love for us to get South Dakota State and North Dakota State as well. Not sure if they would want to leave FCS though.

We would have nobody but ourselves to blame if that happened. Can't be mad if they take the better programs.

naw, once the dust settle on realignment(split), look for a new east coast league to emerge.

I’ll be honest. In my own little fantasy conference. I would want to add 4 teams. Montana, Montana St, ND State, and SD State. All have good programs in sports in general, but typically overlooked. An iowa school and Missouri would be nice to connect them to the current footprint, but I just look at it as good programs and fanbases which typically overlooked. Have y’all seen the butts in seats at these places? They do a good job.

Delaware does not excite me at all. Makes me think of Kmart. Then again, C-USA is the Kmart of football conferences. Or Big Lots. C-USA is like Big Lots. Cheap sh1t from china kinda thing.

Delaware does not excite me at all. Makes me think of Kmart. Then again, C-USA is the Kmart of football conferences. Or Big Lots. C-USA is like Big Lots. Cheap sh1t from china kinda thing.

After adding crap like Jacksonville State, Sam Houston, and Kennesaw, at least Delaware is a name people can recognize.

Beggars can't be choosers.

MT, WKU and LaTech are all 0'fer against Delaware as well. Have seen Delaware the previous 4 years in the CAA. They always had the size and talent. It was always bad coaching that cost them games, during my son's time at Elon they were 3-0 against in blowouts. They have spent a ton of money the last 5 years on the upgrades to the stadium and football and athletic center

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
When reporting Delaware's entrance to CUSA Chip Walters on WGNS podcast Tuesday didn't say it was a lock, but strong insider scuttlebutt was that Tarleton State could be forthcoming as our next addition.

When reporting Delaware's entrance to CUSA Chip Walters on WGNS podcast Tuesday didn't say it was a lock, but strong insider scuttlebutt was that Tarleton State could be forthcoming as our next addition.
tartleton hasn't even completed the 4 year D2 to D1 transition so that would be another 2 to 3 years added

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Supposedly the 12th is "out west". Idk if that means Midwest like Missouri State or farther. I'd love to grab the Dakotas and Montanas and create a 16 team league with its own playoff for the champ, but that's just dreaming.

Reactions: magaraider
Supposedly the 12th is "out west". Idk if that means Midwest like Missouri State or farther. I'd love to grab the Dakotas and Montanas and create a 16 team league with its own playoff for the champ, but that's just dreaming.

Dakotas, Montanas, UT-Chatts, Austin Peay, etc. Over the last couple of years I have found myself watching teams like these if ever they are playing on TV. FCS games are gaining appeal with me. The FBS games are losing appeal. If I had Musk money I would approach schools like these and propose we start a new college league where conferences are geographically based.

FBS has finally reached the point where so much money has finally ruined it. Just like too many people have absolutely ruined The Smokies and I will never set foot in Gatlinhell again, it's possible I will reach the same mindset with FBS. I don't even watch NFL anymore.

FBS has finally reached the point where so much money has finally ruined it. Just like too many people have absolutely ruined The Smokies and I will never set foot in Gatlinhell again, it's possible I will reach the same mindset with FBS. I don't even watch NFL anymore.

It’s interesting. In the original split to create D-1AA (FCS), 138 stayed in FBS. That number dropped to 105 within 4 years. Money is the driving force to push us right back to where we started.

Honestly, we have no business being in the same level as UGA or Bama. It’s like Eaglesville being in the same classification as Oakland because they want to.

As many on here predicted, I expect history to repeat itself, probably due to NCAA anti-trust loss failure and the top 60-80 programs will split away from the 50+ G5 schools. The G5 schools will have to decide to they set up their own division or merge back with FCS.

Reactions: magaraider
It’s interesting. In the original split to create D-1AA (FCS), 138 stayed in FBS. That number dropped to 105 within 4 years. Money is the driving force to push us right back to where we started.

Honestly, we have no business being in the same level as UGA or Bama. It’s like Eaglesville being in the same classification as Oakland because they want to.

As many on here predicted, I expect history to repeat itself, probably due to NCAA anti-trust loss failure and the top 60-80 programs will split away from the 50+ G5 schools. The G5 schools will have to decide to they set up their own division or merge back with FCS.

setting up their own division appeals to me. I like that idea. You're correct. MT is nowhere close to the same level as UGA or Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT