ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Davis back on the recruiting trail

Similar to what Stock said after the N O Bowl win. Wait til next year - IIRC we didn't see a bump in FB recruiting the next year (perhaps some who follow FB recruiting closer than I do can comment).

I do hope we see a significant boost in BkB recruiting next year but I'm not counting on it. We'll probably still see too many JUCOs; too many projects; few, if any, with above a 2 star rating (which apparently any high school player gets for showing up): and none for whom we beat out any quality rivals. Would love to be wrong.

Kermit's recruiting has improved slowly over the years. I see no reason why that won't continue.

I must have missed his comments about improved recruiting starting to show up next season. I listened to a number of his interviews in the week following the big win. I could have just legitimately missed that specific comment. It does fit with some other things I remember him saying on the topic. He talked about not getting too cute in trying to sign numbers for different seasons. He went on to say that he believes in trying to bring the best he can for each upcoming season. Somewhere in all of that, I think I recall him briefly mentioning how they watch and/or follow players a few years before they sign. That much makes sense. I imagine most high caliber players are known long before their senior season.

According to verbalcommits.com MT was the first to offer Vogt (almost two years ago on 6/12/14). Would like to think that being the first to offer along with our recent success would give MT a good chance to land this big man.

Can't hurt in pursuing this high academic achiever that MT was able to sign Simpson with his Ivy League offers by using the honors college availability. It's apparent that even with his size the two KY powers are not interested (hey, he's not a 5 star) but it won't be surprising for "power" schools to start showing up this year, if for no other reason than his height. Hope we can stay in the hunt.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Glad to see the coaches recruiting such a high caliber student and athlete. SIze of a legit Center and excellent academics. Would be a great player to see at MT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT