ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Davis back on the recruiting trail

I like this excerpt:

Millions tuned in to watch the first-round game and Davis said he already talked to an international prospect last week who didn’t know much about MTSU until after the upset.

“You really forget how international the NCAA Tournament really is and how many tune in,” Davis said.

The impact of the upset could also boost recruiting in the U.S., of course. The Blue Raiders already have three prospects locked up in their 2016 recruiting class (Calvin Davis, Antwain Johnson and Davion Thomas) and could gain more interest as the upset remains fresh.

“The interest level in our program has skyrocketed,” Davis said. “We just have to take advantage of it.”

What a fun run. No rest for the weary though.

Did we get any bounces from our 2013 Tourney Invite?

What a fun run. No rest for the weary though.

Did we get any bounces from our 2013 Tourney Invite?

Not real sure how to quantify it. It really wouldn't have had an impact til the early and normal signing periods in the 2013-14 academic year meaning the first year of recruits it may have impacted would have been signees who saw first action in the 2014-2015 season. There were three on the squad that come to mind. Giddy Potts, Perrin Buford, and Darnell Harris.

McSwain has a ton of offers. Figured we had a pretty good shot until IU offered.

The young man Brian Thomas video looks good. I'm sure most videos of legit D1 talent look good. Of interest, the video seemed to emphasize what Kermit likes. Maybe it's just the way the young man plays. Either way, Rebounds, defense w/ plenty of blocked shots, and runs the floor.

Every so often, the coaches will mention how much it helps in recruiting to actually get the potential player on campus. Beyond the obvious connection of a recruits interest relation to willingness to visit campus, the coaches seem to suggest that recruits are usually quite impressed as the campus is far nicer and larger than the name or sometimes casual perception suggests. Hopefully this will be one of the factors that helps in possibly landing this young outstanding player.

According to Aldo, Murray has picked Auburn.

I thought this kid's main reason for transferring was to make it to the NCAA tourney. Looks like that dream won't be coming true.

Not surprising. I can't remember the last time Davis and staff were able to sign a player who had a firm Power Conference offer. We may be getting "in on" and possibly signing a slightly better quality of prospect after the recent successes but it's not a huge leap.

More disturbing to me, at least, is that we are losing higher-profile (2+ stars according to VerbalCommits.com - my only source) to other mid-majors. I don't like it but I understand losing out to Indiana, Fla, Ms. St., etc but NMSU and St. F. Austin; not so much.

Regardless, we would be oversigned by one additional scholarship should Murray have chosen MT. One less thing for this fan to worry about.

And more importantly for next year, any word on Brandon Walters (Waters, Waiters, whatever)?

Not surprised and bet Kermit and staff aren't either.

What we need to do is kick the collective asses of the auburn tigers on the court in 2017...

Not surprising. I can't remember the last time Davis and staff were able to sign a player who had a firm Power Conference offer. We may be getting "in on" and possibly signing a slightly better quality of prospect after the recent successes but it's not a huge leap.

More disturbing to me, at least, is that we are losing higher-profile (2+ stars according to VerbalCommits.com - my only source) to other mid-majors. I don't like it but I understand losing out to Indiana, Fla, Ms. St., etc but NMSU and St. F. Austin; not so much.

Regardless, we would be oversigned by one additional scholarship should Murray have chosen MT. One less thing for this fan to worry about.

And more importantly for next year, any word on Brandon Walters (Waters, Waiters, whatever)?

Kinda hoping for a little more improved recruiting mojo after the recent success and national sports media attention. With said success, I guess it earns Kermit some time and space to see what he can do with his recruiting approach.

Kinda hoping for a little more improved recruiting mojo after the recent success and national sports media attention. With said success, I guess it earns Kermit some time and space to see what he can do with his recruiting approach.

Kermit has said that the NCAA tourney win won't pay off till next recruiting year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT