BASEBALL CUSA Tourney

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
MT vs ODU 9am Wednesday

Pitching and defense were awful.

We walked 7 in 7 innings. Three errors led to 6 unearned runs. We gave up 14 hits in 7 innings, including 5 HRs.

We looked like an outmatched HS team in the TSSAA state tournament that ran out of our pitching.

Hopefully, Peyton can keep the season going tomorrow.

Its pretty evident that losing Kyle Bunn really hurt pitching this year. A lot of the same pitchers with much worse ERAs. Which is a shame because Getzelman did a good job in his first year as the hitting coach.

Jeez. We are getting slaughtered.

8-0 Charlotte after one. And they have runners in scoring position with one out in the top of the second.

What an absolute collapse after getting mentioned as the 3rd team out of the tournament 10 days ago.

• Wow
Reactions: MT Glenn
Wow. We were a borderline at large bid before the Vandy game. Now, we have lost 5 in a row and are getting blown out early in this one. What a collapse.

unless Toman's squad pulls a season like MBB did this past season next season, at what point do you make judgement this is not working in a coach's tenure?

I live in another state and haven’t been to a baseball game in years. I do though, follow the team and like all men & womens teams, want them all to be successful.
However, it does somewhat beg the question, just based on the results of the last 6 games. Especially when they had at least a small chance of earning an at-large berth. Did the players either tune out, or even quit, on the coaching staff?
Granted, they have played some good teams in this stretch. But, the margin of victory in the tourney is alarming. At some point you would expect pride to kick in.

They finally got me off the bench during the the USM series. This has been a disaster and meltdown like I have never seen in baseball. If This coach does not get a conference championship next year it’s time to make a decision. Knowing our office he will get an extension.

I think the season was still a success imo but these last six games were hard to watch. I’d be interested to hear the excuse for it. Being above .500 is a step in the right direction but I would expect a big step next year or I’d move on.

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT