ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA Tournament

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
el paso times excerpts:

...One major difference between this Conference USA tournament and the previous 12-team formats is that for schools with a double-bye, there are three potential opening opponents to prepare for instead of two.

Furthermore, at least three of the four double-bye teams (Middle Tennessee, which could play UAB in the quarterfinals, is the exception) are guaranteed to face an opening opponent they have only played one time this season.....

...C-USA leads the nation in two overtime categories: Teams have combined for 18 overtime periods this year and all but one of the league teams have played an overtime game. Middle Tennessee is the lone exception.....

This post was edited on 3/9 4:29 PM by SpaceRaider

I noticed that all of the lower seeds won last night. Probably doesn't matter in the big scheme of things but I hadn't seen that happen very often.

Looks like Lady aiders play UAB. This game really scares me. We were very fortunate to win both of those games against them this year.

Originally posted by blueboro007:

Looks like Lady aiders play UAB. This game really scares me. We were very fortunate to win both of those games against them this year.
when I was looking at the brackets when they came out that possible matchup caught my eye. I agree. This has upset written all over it.

Originally posted by SpaceRaider:
Originally posted by blueboro007:

when I was looking at the brackets when they came out that possible matchup caught my eye. I agree. This has upset written all over it.
+1 I was thinking the same thing when I saw the bracket come out.

FIU upset ECU today, Coley had 42 for FIU.

fiu advanced again behind 34 from Coley. It's going to be a tough game for the ladies tomorrow morning. IIRC the first MT/fiu matchup was back and forth until MT pulled away late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT