ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CUSA Commissioner on revenue and television

At least she doesn't try to sugar coat things. She's right. The big guys have already won.

Setting aside the big bad news of decreasing dollars for G5, it will be interesting to see if C-USA can provide a more cohesive and wide ranging media platform. These last couple of years have lacked structure or predictability on finding games with any decent level of expectations.

Maybe C-USA will have a game on CBS Sports Network Saturday? Maybe the C-USA game will be on FS1? Neither this weekend. I know there was a game on ASN, but I missed it on Thurs night...... Hopefully, things will be a little more cohesive this season.

I also wonder how the benefits vs losses have worked out with the 2 C-USA Florida schools? It appeared to be pretty obvious that C-USA was going for media market with FIU and FAU. I also wondered if C-USA knew something that I didn't. A few years later, both FAU and FIU are struggling in the major sports with paltry attendance. IMO, the attendance problem was to be expected as it just seems people in the Miami area just don't go to too many ball games.

In defense of C-USA, I get the huge Miami media market and the huge size of both of those schools. People just don't seem to attend games there like they do just a few hours drive north in Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT