23,711 Huntington (Marshall vs. Louisiana Tech) 2014
22,740 Tulsa (Tulsa vs. East Carolina) 2008
20,247 Houston (Rice vs. Marshall) 2013
17,635 Tulsa (Tulsa vs. UCF) 2012
16,825 Bowling Green (WKU vs. Southern Miss) 2015
14,258 Boca Raton (Florida Atlantic vs. North Texas)2017
13,213 Bowling Green (WKU vs. Louisiana Tech) 2016

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Does the conference get involved with the official numbers? Or will it be the usual MT-announce-3-times-as-many-there.

Actual people in the stands: 9,000
Announced people in the stands, if MT does the counting, 22,000

Does the conference get involved with the official numbers? Or will it be the usual MT-announce-3-times-as-many-there.

Actual people in the stands: 9,000
Announced people in the stands, if MT does the counting, 22,000

I would think this game will have pretty close to a turnstile count because there are no season ticket sales baked in to the number. I agree with Space. Somewhere between 15 and 19k

we had 14k announced on Saturday. factor in those, plus students, and the championship game factor, it'll be more than expected. 21k. Call me crazy(which I am) and it could very well be more. weather will be a factor. fully expect the students to come out for this one.

we had 14k announced on Saturday. factor in those, plus students, and the championship game factor, it'll be more than expected. 21k. Call me crazy(which I am) and it could very well be more. weather will be a factor. fully expect the students to come out for this one.

But not every season ticket holder will buy.

I hope your right. Only 1000 students get in free

Absolutely no reason there should not be a lot of MT fans there. We all need to do our part to help fill the stands. We need this.

Would love to see it in the 20s but as my Grandpas used to say, 'You can hope in one hand, spit in the other and see which hand fills faster' or something like that. Glad the Rouge One Crew did not listen to that.

Reactions: SubwayAlumni
Weather is going to be awful and effect the bottom line. I had high hopes for a better than expected turnout but with thunderstorms expected most of the day I'm saying 8K with an announced around 12K.

Weather is going to be awful and effect the bottom line. I had high hopes for a better than expected turnout but with thunderstorms expected most of the day I'm saying 8K with an announced around 12K.

I hate to be a "fair weather fan", but with two little ones I will probably be coming by myself instead of the whole clan

Lets not give up on the weather yet...well, just looked - 100% chance of thunderstorms.

Maybe we can get lucky and it will be before or after...either way I am coming.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I'm really bummed at the weather. We'll be there, but it's going to be miserable if its in the 60s and pouring. I was really looking forward to our community having a reason to get together and support the team, but even for a diehard fan like me, it's going to be hard to blame a family for choosing to keep their kids at the house Saturday.

I would have bought those Hendrix seats had I known. I'll be gearing up in my Frog Toggs and Neoprene ready to get soaked. We will be getting wet on this ride.

Yea I bought the Hendrix club seats, but everyone inside there does nothing for how it will look on TV (which is important to bowl games). I have heard the ticket purchases are disappointing right now.

We're going to be in a monsoon in the low 60's with 17-25 mph winds. That means it will feel like the low 50's or colder with the water. Yeah, the ticket sales will be low. Most folks don't want to watch a football game in the middle of a car wash. It sucks but we can't control the weather. If it was gonna be sunny in the mid 60's, it would be a different story. It is what it is.

The % of rain and such starts to decrease after 11am. This is what I found so far. It's the best case scenario right now.

12:00 PM
Thunderstorms 61° 58°
65% chance
S 17 mph

1:00 PM
Scattered Thunderstorms 61° 58°
60% chance
S 18 mph

2:00 PM
Showers 62° 60°
35% chance
SSE 17 mph

3:00 PM
Showers 63° 61°
35% chance
S 17 mph

4:00 PM
Scattered Thunderstorms 63° 61°
45% chance
S 15 mph

5:00 PM
Mostly Cloudy 62° 60°
15% chance
S 15 mph

Our core will be at the game, unless they have small children (which I understand)...not sure about the students. It will be what it will be. I'm sick of talking about attendance. I'd prefer to save this for the off season. Look, most MT grads don't get a sh!t about our program, I wish it were not true but the evidence is clearly there to see.

I begged 4 younger grads to come and 2 of them would rather be home and watch the SEC championship even though it doesn't start till 3. I offered them free tickets. I shamed them. Another guy, who actually ran track at MT, teaches at Oakland and was actually wearing an MT pull over at church on Sunday is a closet Bama fan, he's staying home and watching SEC Championship. I am tired of asking people to come. I did get 2 other folks who are not from MT to sit with me last week, they had a blast but have plans for tomorrow.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT