THIS WEEKEND:

Saturday, Jan. 6

FIU at Jax State 4 p.m. ESPN+
LA Tech at Sam Houston 4:30 p.m. ESPN+
Liberty at WKU 5 p.m. CBSSN

Sunday, Jan. 7

Chicago State at UTEP 3 p.m. ESPN+

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I have long held the opinion that any good college basketball coach can transform a losing season into a winning season in just one year’s time by adding 1 or 2 great players. Look no farther than Coach Lake Kelly and his assistant, Leonard Hamilton at Austin Peay after they signed Fly Williams in ‘72.
They went from 10-14 to 21-5 and an NCAA run in one season after bringing Williams from NYC to Clarksville.

Being 6-9 heading into CUSA play, and what we have been forced to put up with now for six seasons is unacceptable. Less than 1,000 actual butts in seats for a MTSU basketball game, regardless of the opponent, is visible proof.

I’m not surprised. The Admins and Board of Trustees were content to let the same thing happen for 18 seasons in football.

I’ll be sitting on the 2nd row, center court this afternoon watching Belmont play Drake for an ESPN2 national audience. My ticket cost? $15 for a top rate Missouri Valley basketball game between two conference contenders.

Maybe this will give the MTSU decision makers some idea as to what this alum and “former” paying customer expects (assuming they even care.)

Last edited:
And after stating the above, I watched Malik Dia have a career game today for Belmont along with his teammate Keishawn Davidson from Oakland HS. Both are from Murfreesboro and they transferred to Belmont from Vandy and TN Tech, respectively this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT