ADVERTISEMENT

Computer web-site technology query

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
It is possible to go back to the old Delphi site and bring up threads and posts from a dozen years ago which could have some historical significance to MT fans. I assume if one has their old username and password one can still post. Yet, after having a short farewell message a day or so after "moving day" BRZ has completely disappeared. Not only is a historical search unavailable but the threads were not moved to the team site on CSNbbs not that I have any reason to believe that would have been possible. As an aside there have been no new posting to the MT team site on CSNbbs in a month which confirms my view that while CSNbbs is a good site for those who wish to interact with fans of other C-USA schools it is not a "user-friendly" place for fans of individual schools.

Regardless, back to my original question. Why is "Blue Raider Nation" on Delphi still available after all this time while BRZ disappeared immediately?

It is possible to go back to the old Delphi site and bring up threads and posts from a dozen years ago which could have some historical significance to MT fans. I assume if one has their old username and password one can still post. Yet, after having a short farewell message a day or so after "moving day" BRZ has completely disappeared. Not only is a historical search unavailable but the threads were not moved to the team site on CSNbbs not that I have any reason to believe that would have been possible. As an aside there have been no new posting to the MT team site on CSNbbs in a month which confirms my view that while CSNbbs is a good site for those who wish to interact with fans of other C-USA schools it is not a "user-friendly" place for fans of individual schools.

Regardless, back to my original question. Why is "Blue Raider Nation" on Delphi still available after all this time while BRZ disappeared immediately?

There's different types of forums and message boards and they all operate differently. I suspect you could find the BRZ forum somewhere out there but since the website has since been redirected, you'd be hard pressed to find the address.

Delphi is a company. All message board threads are still there and you could go all the way back to any message if you pay the Delphi subscription.

BRZ was hosted on someone’s server at their residence. The name always resolved to a Comcast endpoint.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT